Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Hawgust Fish in!!!!! (Read 15169 times)
Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Re: Hawgust Fish in!!!!!
Reply #30 - 08/25/15 at 22:00:26
Quote Print Post  
We are just a small group of volunteers with demanding job schedules and life's priorities. Are you ready to fill a club position?

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #31 - 08/26/15 at 06:12:13
Quote Print Post  
This thread started August 4th..... 18 days is more than enough planning time to get to the event.... while the final determination of a site and time was not determined it makes sense that when the date AUGUST 22ND was mentioned maybe following the thread and penciling on a calendar is wise.... Fishing is a simple sport..... we try our best with what we have... I had to work and missed this one and even though there were no big fish caught I followed... prodded even for a date change.... and checked back frequently to see progress... PARTICIPATION AND INPUT WILL MAKE LIVES EASIER... our folks did it as did our predecessors in this club which has been operating without the internet for 65 or so years.

IP Logged

Glenn_May
WBC Member

Reply #32 - 08/27/15 at 21:58:42
Quote Print Post  
Rodney H wrote on 08/25/15 at 22:00:26:
We are just a small group of volunteers with demanding job schedules and life's priorities. Are you ready to fill a club position?

Dude, I created the Ambassador program and ran it for many years, and was on the board for 6 years.  My father was on the board from 1968-72.  No need to preach to me, brother. Been there, done that. I know too well how much work it takes to create and run a successful program in this club, despite the haters.

I'm offering advice on how to increase participation in a program I fully understand, not attack you.  No need to get defensive. Just trying to help.

When I ran the program, we easily had 20-30 boaters participate at each event.  If that thought doesn't appeal to you, then keep doing what you're doing and I'll keep quiet. On the other hand, if you want to know the tricks to increasing participation, I'm happy to help.

Bear in mind not everyone can commit to a board position, but many members here have deep experience in making this club successful.  Most of them are past board members and are willing to help out as much as they're able, even if that's only in an advisory role. 

As a volunteer organization, you can't be too picky where the help comes from, or who's offering it, or how much of it they can offer.

Some of the most successful events in this club happened because everyone pitched in and did just a little bit.  The collective sum could do far more, than just a few trying doing it all.  That never would've happened if we were not open to accepting every bit of help that was offered, or shot people down with snarky comments to become a board member when help was offered.

The people that hate you, don’t know you.  They dislike the funhouse mirror image they have of you.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo