Normal Topic Battery charging, what is your behavior? (Read 1417 times)
Darren Thomas
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Common sense isn't so
common anymore.

Battery charging, what is your behavior?
10/25/14 at 15:34:57
Quote Print Post  
Hi guys,

I have a 2 bank charger for my trolling motor batteries and a separate charger for the cranking battery. How do you guys keep yours charged? Charge them, unplug... wait until ready to fish again and charge again the night before to ensure they are full or do you just leave them all plugged in?

Right now I charge when I get home, then unplug until the day before I go out again or every month or so in the winter.

I have found that the batteries drain rather rapidly by comparison to my other batteries. I wonder if there is a small draw on them from one of my components although I unplug my trolling motor and my graphs.

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Re: Battery charging, what is your behavior?
Reply #1 - 10/25/14 at 17:28:54
Quote Print Post  
I have an onboard charger, but mine is three bank and I leave it plugged in all the time when not in use.  Most good chargers have maintenance settings built in and are safe to leave connected.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Darren Thomas
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Common sense isn't so
common anymore.

Re: Battery charging, what is your behavior?
Reply #2 - 10/25/14 at 18:30:29
Quote Print Post  
Yeah, that's what I thought but my 2 bank on-board charger is from 1997... wasn't sure if maintenance mode was decent or not on it. I suppose it likely is. I should probably start doing the same, just don't like having power to the compartment where all the gas is constantly Smiley

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo