Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) November fish in. (Read 5510 times)
bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

November fish in.
10/20/14 at 03:56:18
Quote Print Post  
Give me some ideas on a good lake if you plan on attending.  It's hard to pick lakes sometimes.

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Re: November fish in.
Reply #1 - 10/20/14 at 05:31:46
Quote Print Post  
I plan on attending but don't really know what lakes to recommend.

IP Logged

Darren Thomas
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Common sense isn't so
common anymore.

Reply #2 - 10/20/14 at 21:17:03
Quote Print Post  
What day? Should we try for large mouth this time? Might be getting late for that though.

IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #3 - 10/21/14 at 05:07:22
Quote Print Post  
fish largies until Dec.
sometimes even into Dec

IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #4 - 10/21/14 at 05:12:43
Quote Print Post  
I think it really depends on how many freezing nights we get until then. But early Nov isn't bad. Remember we will be at Lake Wa pretty much dec thru Feb. I would do Sammamish but no barbless hooks until April 1 I believe.

IP Logged

Glenn_May
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 10/23/14 at 02:43:38
Quote Print Post  
I think it's really cool the club does the fish-ins year round now.  We used to do it Spring through fall.  So it's great to see interest and enthusiasm to keep it going through the colder months.

As for a lake, Sammamish would be a good.  Seems the largie population is making a comeback on that lake.

Sawyer stumps me regardless of the season.  Seems the only time I have success is when they're on beds. LOL!  Would love to see others catch fish and learn from them.

I really wanted to go to Long Lake last month, but I wasn't able to go.  So that still interests me.  Might be fun to go back for the others to see how it fishes differently.

The people that hate you, don’t know you.  They dislike the funhouse mirror image they have of you.
IP Logged

Darren Thomas
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Common sense isn't so
common anymore.

Reply #6 - 10/23/14 at 16:47:24
Quote Print Post  
Glenn_May wrote on 10/23/14 at 02:43:38:
Sawyer stumps me regardless of the season.  Seems the only time I have success is when they're on beds. LOL!  Would love to see others catch fish and learn from them.

Same here, Sawyer stumps me to no end. I did mange to find some smallies at the last fish-in though. It was the first time in 7 or so tries to catch something other than dinks.

IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #7 - 11/04/14 at 02:58:18
Quote Print Post  
I think we should do Samammish on the 15th as long as the weather is decent. I like Glen's idea. that lake is good for both largies and smallies. Let me check on the barbless hook thing though. I'm pretty sure that rule is from 1/1 to 5/1. but I will double check.

And remember guys this time of year pay attention to this post nearing the fish ins. they have been cancelled or moved due to weather in the past. I would hate to see someone show up to a fish in a week early.  Cool

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 11/05/14 at 04:22:29
Quote Print Post  
Dan,

Looked at the regs for Lake Sammamish and it said "all SpecieS - Jan. 1-Apr. 30: single-point barbless hooks required".

So we're good for the fish-in.

Karl

IP Logged

Darren Thomas
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Common sense isn't so
common anymore.

Reply #9 - 11/05/14 at 05:06:52
Quote Print Post  
Anyone need a back seater or take my back seat? I'll do either. Have never fished Sammamish so looking to learn a bit about the lake.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #10 - 11/05/14 at 22:03:08
Quote Print Post  
I'm out... Working.... Have fun..... Angry

IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #11 - 11/08/14 at 15:54:46
Quote Print Post  
**** November FISH-IN ****   

Lake Sammamish Nov. 15th 2014   

Breakfast will be at 6:00 AM at Denny's in Issaquah.   

Meet at the State Park launch at 7:30 AM.   

Directions: To Denny’s - 720 GILMAN BLVD., ISSAQUAH, WA 98027   (425) 392-6025      
From I-405 take I-90 east to Spokane. Take exit #15 (900 west) to Lake Sammamish park. End of exit take a right.      
At next signal (Gilman) turn left Denny's is on the left between 1st and 2nd signals

Remember to check this Thread the night before to see if the date has changed due to weather. Thanx Dan

IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #12 - 11/08/14 at 15:55:58
Quote Print Post  
Oh and we will be having the lunch at fatburger because they won't let us cook at the Sammamish launch

IP Logged

Darren Thomas
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Common sense isn't so
common anymore.

Reply #13 - 11/14/14 at 16:10:06
Quote Print Post  
Looks like the weather is gonna be awesome but COLD. Looking forward to a day on the water!

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 11/17/14 at 06:03:46
Quote Print Post  
It was COLD ! but sunny with a very mild breeze.  It was 24 degrees when Darren, Dan and I started a bit before 9 AM.  Dan had some boat issues that delayed his and Darren's arrival and I was just happy to have breakfast at McDonalds and coffee and then moved over to the iHop in Issaaquah (the Issaquah Denny's has closed for business) for a real breakfast and more coffee.  Lots of coffee and food while the temperature went up a few degrees from the 21 it was at 6 AM to when we blasted off at 9 with about 24 degrees,

I didn't really fish but instead used the Aqua-view to get familiar with the lake bottom on some familiar spots while comparing to what the sonar says.  Found some rocky bottom and fish in about 30 - 40 feet of water but only threw my line in once and didn't catch anything.  It was a nice sunny day, with very mild wind, and I was just happy to check out the bottom and compare what I was seeing to the fish finder images.  I'm sure Dan and Darren will pipe up shortly about their experience.  The sun and very mild wind made it nice day and I was glad I was bundled up and full of food and coffee and just enjoying using the Aqua-view.  A nice day, all in all.
« Last Edit: 11/18/14 at 16:49:54 by »  

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo