Normal Topic American Lake Fish-In 7-28 (Read 3037 times)
bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

American Lake Fish-In 7-28
07/26/13 at 06:18:05
Quote Print Post  
Anyone down for a quickie fish in this Sunday at American  Lake??? I've had to work 3 out of 4 Saturdays this month and with seminars, Take a Warrior Fishing, the 75th Anniversary,  and tourneys; it looks like the only possible day for a fish in this month is Sunday the 28th. if not that's fine but i would like to at least make an attempt to have a fish in. Lemme know if you guys can go on such short notice. Sorry for the short notice BTW but it's better than not having a fish in at all right?
« Last Edit: 07/27/13 at 03:34:42 by Larry S. »  

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Re: I've been workin lots of weekends this month a
Reply #1 - 07/26/13 at 12:49:35
Quote Print Post  
Dan,

Sounds like you've been busy and thanks for trying to squeeze in a fish-in this month as well.  I won't be able to make it because were going to Banks Saturday morning through next Wednesday.  Hope your able to get out and catch some nice ones at American.

Karl

IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Re: I've been workin lots of weekends this month a
Reply #2 - 07/27/13 at 01:14:30
Quote Print Post  
aright either way, I'll be at American Sunday A.M. with Christy.

And how did I mess up the subject part up above it was supposed to say American Lake fish in. Maybe larry can help me with that  Wink

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: American Lake Fish-In 7-28
Reply #3 - 07/27/13 at 03:40:05
Quote Print Post  
Fixed it Dan....sorry but I just fished there today and have to work Saturday so Sunday is chore/catch-up day.... Water temps up to 77 degrees and we caught 1 2-1/2 lb smally and another 1 lber  and a lot of dinks.

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #4 - 07/27/13 at 18:02:15
Quote Print Post  
I am up for a relaxin day on the water, see ya there.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #5 - 07/31/13 at 05:55:23
Quote Print Post  
I couldn't keep the rock bass, sculpins and perch awayfrom my bait Sunday. I think I boated 100 fish but no smb or Lmb. I spent the first few hours of the morning hunting a giant LM and had a follower i thought to be around 9lbs but it wouldnt hit. It was sooooo cold It felt like fishing lake WA in the winter. the winds were blowing and no sun til 1 pm. We had to fish the bays and southern windprotected areas of the lak because we came under dressed. Cry Christy caught 3 Smallies behind me  after we stopped hunting for a giant. I kept upsizing my smallie baits but all i kept getting was bigger perch and Rock bass. Rodney also caught a couple bass. He got the big one at 2.3 lbs. It was a smallie. and he also got a dink largie, and some trout he kept for dinner. It was nice to get out there anyway and see Christy get some bass after a long and busy work week.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo