Normal Topic Internal cumbustion Rant (Read 3896 times)
Troy
Ex Member

Internal cumbustion Rant
04/10/12 at 02:15:46
Quote Print Post  
Ok so with soaring gas prices you would think a guy could use one of the many WDFW boat launches on the numerous small lakes around our fine state to launch a boat and fish with just the trolling motor.   Well NO you cant.  Nearly every lake within 20 miles of my house ( fall city) with the exception of sammamish is no motors allowed!   When did this all happen.  Good thing I bought this boat I cant use!  Ok I'm done I feel better now. 

My livingston got speared by a tree this last winter so now I guess I'm screwed   Angry

IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Re: Internal cumbustion Rant
Reply #1 - 04/10/12 at 03:57:14
Quote Print Post  
Oh man that sucks about your Livingston. You gotta get a little boat. You have no choice.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/10/12 at 03:58:23
Quote Print Post  
Another reason this state sucks! I mean serious? You aren't even running it!! Maybe the sight of the motor scares the fish...........

IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #3 - 04/10/12 at 04:58:20
Quote Print Post  
I think it has to do with if the boat went down, the gas tank n oil n stuff like that would get into the lake. On a small lake that could be devastating. Although highly unlikely. I can see why they have the rule. Don't get me wrong tho I'd love to fish small lakes outta my Nitro anyday rather than my little boat if I could.

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #4 - 04/10/12 at 16:48:47
Quote Print Post  
Well not so unlikely a few years back on shady or was it shadow lake I never keep those two straight. A boat with a gas motor was sunk right at the launch huge oil slick what a mess.The State told me that the reasons was if your electric motor went out then you might want to use your gas motor to get back to the launch. Also they said even if you trim motor out of the water it could still drip. I don't think a few drips would do near the harm that a home owner does with lawn fertilizer.
Last year Spring Lake a home owners heating oil tank leaked you should have seen & smelled that mess. I called & they said were aware of it. The lady was like its not that big of a deal cause diesel will evaporate fast.  Shocked
All I can say both of those lakes are crap now after the spills & they use to produce good fish.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

5dinks
WBC Board Member

2nd place is 1st LOSER!

Reply #5 - 04/17/12 at 23:06:40
Quote Print Post  
Hey Troy.  Didn't know you lived in Fall City.  So do I.  I have a lil 12' fiberglass boat (pretty easy for one guy to drag around).  We bought it for duck hunting. You are more than welcome to use it whenever you want. I just trip over it in the garage until the birds can die anyway. Also, I have the fiberglass repair stuff in the garage and, if you still have your lil Livingston, I'd be happy to help you patch it up.  Give me a call.  Don  206.551.6679

Sponsors:    One of the 5 original members of Team Ass Pocket, New truck, 2nd hand Triton boat (Thanks Willie at NIXONS MARINE), used truck camper with used F150 (everything is paid for), misc rods and reels, endorsed by MY WIFE and sponsored by a 9-5 job.

IP Logged

5dinks
WBC Board Member

2nd place is 1st LOSER!

Reply #6 - 04/17/12 at 23:21:29
Quote Print Post  
I made a ton of phone calls about this several years ago.  The Sherrifs Dept is actually who gets called when a homeowner complains. They said, it is ok to have it on the boat you are using as long as it is raised from the water with a plastic bag covering the lower unit. However, the Game and Fish Dept said, the sin reads "NO INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINES ALLOWED" which means it can not be on the boat.  Kind of a GREY area in our world so full of Rules, Laws and Regs.... ????????

Sponsors:    One of the 5 original members of Team Ass Pocket, New truck, 2nd hand Triton boat (Thanks Willie at NIXONS MARINE), used truck camper with used F150 (everything is paid for), misc rods and reels, endorsed by MY WIFE and sponsored by a 9-5 job.

IP Logged

JimE
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #7 - 04/18/12 at 19:23:37
Quote Print Post  
I did a lot of research with Ken Elvsaas on this.
I have a document and story i will share with you all this evening

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo