Normal Topic Alternative to Senko (Read 5277 times)
Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Alternative to Senko
02/12/11 at 18:18:05
Quote Print Post  
I just went online and noticed that Senkos are now $7.49 and up at most places.  The senko has been my go-to bait, but I may have to look at some alternatives at these prices, especially with everything else going up as well.  I've used Strike King's Zero before and did OK, but what else are you guys using that have had similar results?  There are so many stick bait style baits now and a lot of them are half the price.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Re: Alternative to Senko
Reply #1 - 02/13/11 at 00:27:48
Quote Print Post  
Mister Twister makes good one and thy are about half the price. they arent quite as soft but they are alot stronger and they last way longe,r especially if you wacky rig em

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/13/11 at 06:10:57
Quote Print Post  
Ron H. really like to use Bass Pro Shops Stick-Os, but he always calls them Senkos.

"Dammit, Ron," I always say, "You have to PAY for the right to call them Senkos!"

I have also had decent luck with Yum Dingers. I think they have been pretty popular with a lot of other folks, too.

Chris

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/13/11 at 14:33:58
Quote Print Post  
All the alternatives seem to feel close to each other, but none really have that nice, soft Senko feeling. They may last longer and work on certain rigging apps like dropshotting or carolina rigging like a Senko. But, I have noticed that the weightless Senko has an action of its own. I know they are getting pricey, specially for a consumable bait.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #4 - 02/13/11 at 16:17:19
Quote Print Post  
I am going again on e-bay and buying them for $13.00 per 50 count...they are very comparitive in weight and also have a hook slot....variety of colors. also when you order more than one order they usually will ship the others free.
The company is All American Tackle mfg. co. and e-bay name is bassfancier.

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/14/11 at 04:31:12
Quote Print Post  
I make my own.  You can buy a mold on line or make one like I did.  Melt your old baits down or buy a bucket of plastic and add your own colors - the fish don't know the difference.

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #6 - 02/21/11 at 07:22:29
Quote Print Post  
So I did some more searches and was able to find them on sale at www.gandermountain.com for $5.59.  This with no tax and free shipping made it quite a deal.  They didn't have colors that I wanted, but I was still able to make due of what they had.  They also have some great deals on rods with rebates if you are looking to upgrade.  Worth a look.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/21/11 at 23:56:23
Quote Print Post  
I'm with rob on this one sure alot of companies make a senko type bait but when money is on the line a feel yamamoto makes a nicer bait.  With that said I do make my own, but also use Senko's for tourney situations.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo