Normal Topic 20lb bag on Lake Samm.!!! (Read 1980 times)
Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

20lb bag on Lake Samm.!!!
08/18/10 at 06:48:35
Quote Print Post  
Started the day on Sunday at 6:30am and saw Faz at the launch.  Normally we wouldn't be targeting largies this time of year, but decided to do so that day. I started catching a 1lber. Then Som went on a tear, hooking up with a 4.5lb, then one that went 5lbs. I had to answer back and followed him up with a 4.5lber. This was by far our best largemouth day. We worked some more areas and debated to target smallmouth or stay with the largeis. After looking at the boats and wave action we decided to stay with largies. It became a wise choice as Som hooked into his personal best at 6.5lbs!!! If we were fishing a tournament we would have over 20lbs! We looked at the time and figured we had about 30 minutes left to fish. I tossed my lure and felt a tap and saw my line move, set the hook and came up empty.  I told Som to toss his lure and he came up empty as well, but we saw the fish and it was another 4-5lb fish. That would've been the icing on the cake. We called it quits at noon, by far our best largemouth day especially for this time of year.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Flippin Technician
Ex Member

Re: 20lb bag on Lake Samm.!!!
Reply #1 - 08/18/10 at 17:41:07
Quote Print Post  
Great fish thanks for sharing.

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Re: 20lb bag on Lake Samm.!!!
Reply #2 - 08/18/10 at 18:41:57
Quote Print Post  
Gotta love it when someone has pics to prove there awesome day on the water!  Cool  NICE JOB you two !!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo