Normal Topic Fishing near Ellensburg ??? (Read 8645 times)
Rwfaz
Ex Member

Fishing near Ellensburg ???
07/19/10 at 20:36:48
Quote Print Post  
I will be at a Newspaper Workshop for High Schools from Wed August 4th through to Saturday August 7th. Are there any waters nearby that are fishable from the bank ??? (I'd like to wet a line on Saturday afternoon, and may stay over until Sunday) I don't think I can take the Nitro since I'm staying at the University and not sure if there is secure parking.

Faz

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Re: Fishing near Ellensburg ???
Reply #1 - 07/19/10 at 20:39:08
Quote Print Post  
The series of ponds along I-82 towards Yakima have good bank access and some decent bass fishing...

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/19/10 at 20:45:49
Quote Print Post  
cool, thanks Chris.

Faz

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/19/10 at 21:10:55
Quote Print Post  
They are a little further than I thought from Ellensburg, 30-40 miles, but here is some more info:
http://wdfw.wa.gov/lands/wildlife_areas/sunnyside-snake_river/unit.php?searchby=...

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/19/10 at 21:21:17
Quote Print Post  
I wen't to CWU for 3yrs, and spent a lot of time fishing.The woodhouse ponds have lots of bass with some good ones that are very skitish. You might try them at night with frogs. The first pond on the left has the most biggens per area! Peoples pond's have lots of 1-2.5lbers, but bank access isn't the greatest, and they're popular for swimming.

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/20/10 at 04:08:13
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the info Chad.  Goal- go back to school for a better job, and good fishing in the meantime   Tongue

IP Logged

Flippin Technician
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/05/10 at 21:49:40
Quote Print Post  
Faz there is a pond on the left as you are leaving E-burg going into the canyon on canyon road. I do not know the name of it. I use to fish it from shore quite often years ago. It had some decent size LM swimming around in it. I do not know how much access there is around the banks anymore as i have not been there in many years. It is right before you start into the canyon. So it is noit to far of a drive. Might be worth checking out......

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/10/10 at 17:23:48
Quote Print Post  
I found a coupole of places to drown some bait on Saturday after the conference was over. I caught a 5" Largemouth in one pond, and a 9" Perch in another!!! (I discovered afterwards that the pond I caught the Perch in was closed to fishing between May15 and September 15 - oooops!!)

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 08/11/10 at 04:26:27
Quote Print Post  
Don't sweat it! You can't get in trouble for fishing it this time of the year, because it's not posted in the regs! I cleared this up with the local game warden years ago. It's posted on the sign entering the park, because of the swimmers using the water that time of the year.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo