Normal Topic 2010 Awesomeness (Read 1448 times)
Rwfaz
Ex Member

2010 Awesomeness
06/21/10 at 21:18:07
Quote Print Post  
I have been remiss and apolgize for that. During this year's Jamboree, some of you know I had a bit of a tough time, and I'm not seeking sympathy but rather I want to illustrate just what makes Western Bass Club and its members so awesome!! On the Friday I managed to break several items on the boat while attempting to find fish: GPS mounting bracket, 2 fishing rods, Sunglasses ,3 out of 4 mounting bolts for the Trolling Motor came loose. To cap it all, I had had a heavy head and chest cold and troule breathing throguh all the bubbles....and my Sciatica and bad knee all flared up at once. What fun!

During the evening, our fastener expert (Russ Baker) along with several other members (Beemen Sr and Jr, Larry Sullivan, Mack Randle) all piled in and by evening's end I had a trolling motor perfectly mounted, Mack had some rods he was selling so I was able to replace all the broken stuff. (If I missed any one, sorry I was in pain and not 100% "compos mentis" - if I ever am!!). I had help launching and retrieving the Nitro when my back and knee went out on me (thanks for the Naproxen Smitty - it helped) and overall the effect this had on me was to make me more determined to stay and fish the whole Jamboree.

This past weekend we had the Club Tourney on Banks, and once again the fun began. It all started 5 miles south of Ephrata when the tension pulley on my Serpentine belt just plain broke - bearing disintegrated and the whol shaft bent and seized. This threw off the belt so I lost power brakes and power sterring at 60mph and had a bit of a time stopping . Within minutes, 2 Western Bass Club members had pulled over to help out (our T.D. Terry Steffenson and "Y2Says") - by a miracle we found a Shucks in Ephrata open at 6pm on a Friday night - AND they had the parts. Terry figured it out faster than the rest of us and we were back on the road in no time. Terry had even made preparations for a "rescue mission" in case the trouble was terminal, thanks to those who were ready to help. Jeff Iacchei, who was fishing with me was also a great help during all the goings-on, and generally good company and great fun to have in the boat.

Once again - this is an awesome club, with awesome members !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WESTERN BASS CLUB ROCKS - AND SO DO THE MEMBERS!!!

Faz
« Last Edit: 06/22/10 at 07:08:16 by »  

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Re: 2010 Awesomeness
Reply #1 - 06/23/10 at 05:34:30
Quote Print Post  
I know if I was stuck on the side of the road, I would want someone to help me out.  I'm glad the truck was fixed and you were able to fish the tourney.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo