Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) So any reports from Potholes??????? (Read 4313 times)
Flippin Technician
Ex Member

So any reports from Potholes???????
05/24/10 at 16:45:26
Quote Print Post  
Whats the good word? Who roped em in?

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Re: So any reports from Potholes???????
Reply #1 - 05/24/10 at 17:09:22
Quote Print Post  
Terry'll have the reports up soon, but so far I know that Mr. Don Hankinson roped some BIG smallies on day two en route to a 19+ pound limit and the win. Also, there were a couple of two-day weights over 30 pounds. It sounded like fishing was tough for some, but for those that caught fish, the quality was really good.

Chris

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/24/10 at 22:31:59
Quote Print Post  
took twenty pounds for top ten.  alot of nice bags on saturday, and sunday seemed alot tougher for most.

troy

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/24/10 at 23:57:02
Quote Print Post  
We went for LM most of the time.  I got one in the dunes saturday for 3.67lb.  Sunday the wind was howling pretty good so we went straight for the dunes for a big 0.  

We had never really fished the dunes much and I think we gained some good experience this weekend.  I caught more during pre-fish, but thats just how it goes.  

I actually used a little of Don's strategy if you could call it that saturday   (if you made the meeting you'll know what I'm talking about).  I said to Susan, we keep seeing people running out of the dunes, I don't think we are back in far enough.  I scrolled around on the GPS looking to where we could get back in deep, made a waypoint and then drove to it.  We ran right into a bunch of others so we knew we found a good area   Grin  Just need to figure out how to catch them.  There's always next year, though I'm picking Moses  Tongue

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/26/10 at 02:00:40
Quote Print Post  
Yeah the bite was tougher on Sunday and with the wind, made any sight fishing impossable. Saturday the fish were visable in the shallow flat areas and about half were aggressive enough to bite, the other weren't. You can easily tell if they are worth the effort usually on the first cast. As usual though, pitching into cover has its down falls. The fish come off easier. I actually only had 6 bites on Sunday and the first one came off. For some reason the bigger 4-5 lb largemouth were nowhere to be found. Spending time in the dunes over the years really helps learn them. You just have to do it. Good tournament. Ran well by Terry. Awesome turnout. Lets roll this right into Banks next month!!

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/26/10 at 18:03:07
Quote Print Post  
I to swung for the fences as I always do on this lake looking for big largemouth. The largie bite was just not there. I prefer to fish for these fish as they are much more of a challenge than fishing for the smallie bite in the usual areas which come much easier. Nothing against smallie fishing just something I prefer not to do.

The largie bite this year on that lake has been on again and then off again. I'm scratching my head on this one.

One of these days I will figure these fish out.

Two of my bigger fish came off flipping way back in the nasty stuff, but its a 50% chance you will get them and I know that when you are persuing fish this way.

Its always fun though trying.

Russ

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/26/10 at 23:09:22
Quote Print Post  
Ya, those 19+ pound smallie bags are a breeze. I try to avoid them at all costs.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/27/10 at 00:33:37
Quote Print Post  
To each his own.

Russ

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #8 - 05/27/10 at 01:22:04
Quote Print Post  
Sarge,
  You friggin crack me up!!!!! Roll Eyes

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 05/27/10 at 01:55:55
Quote Print Post  
Sarge,

Never said they were a breeze, just not interested in fishing for smallies on this lake.

Russ

IP Logged

basswhacker
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 05/27/10 at 15:40:31
Quote Print Post  
You go Russ!! After all, we're really only in competition with ourselves!!

Bob

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo