Normal Topic ABA (Read 5031 times)
bill44
Ex Member

ABA
03/30/09 at 03:13:07
Quote Print Post  
Did anyone get any of the results from the ABA tournment on Lake Washinton Sat and Sunday?

Bill

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: ABA
Reply #1 - 03/30/09 at 04:10:35
Quote Print Post  
Kenny G won Saturday with over 15 lbs.  Both days were brutal for most.  

Results should be up soon.
http://www.americanbass.com/Sched_Washington_West09.htm

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/30/09 at 14:15:54
Quote Print Post  
Kenny G killed us on Saturday.  He reported catching a dozen or so fish, with everything working everywhere for him and his wife.  Congrats KG. 17.7lbs.  I do know on Saturday morning as Daryl and I went by him and Macr M, that there were 7 boats working that small stretch of water.  Either alot of guys really felt confident in that area, or alot of guys don't have a clue and figured they would follow the good sticks around and fish by them.  2nd place had 10lbs on Saturday and Cris Ferry of Auburn Sports and Marine had 3rd with 8.99.  Great job Chris, thanks for bogarting that spot you dog.  As for Daryl and I ( aka Dieter and Claus ) we sucked on Saturday.  Not for a lack of bite.  We had 6 solid bites, more than enuf to put good weight in the boat.  Daryl and I each lost a fish, I had one break off on the hook set and we each missed good bites on prime spots that I know were kicking out fish.  My magic hump produced 3 quick bites on Saturday in a 30 min stretch.  Which produced a whopping 0.0 lbs  Angry Angry Angry
  Sunday broke clear and calm.  With it snowing in the morning here in Maple Valley.  The wind picked up by 9am and was coming from the northwest.  Brutal conditions and the bite was dead.  I had 2 bites all day and got one in the boat for 2.95 lbs and good for, are you ready for this, 3rd place.  Thats right only 4 boats weighed fish.  The kicker was 1st and 2nd weren't in the options so we cleaned up all the options money  Grin Wink,   
  The fish are really scattered right now.  They are moving around dramatically this time of year.  It amazes me how fast the smallies biological clock has them moving from 35 to 55ft just 2 short weeks ago to 20 to 40ft now. One team actually was catching there smallies in less than 20ft. Most of the winter spots that produce fish 2 wks ago will get you nothing right now.  The key is understanding where the fish are moving to in the this pre prespawn move.  This year by spending time on the water and looking for new stuff I was able to add about 10 new spots to my list of fish holding areas.  Yet the water temp on Washington hasn't changed one bit.

Mark

IP Logged

bill44
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/30/09 at 17:50:27
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Mark,

I was wondering how things would go under the tough weather conditions.

And thanks for the detailed report.  It's like a VERSES or ESPN reporter.

Bill

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #4 - 03/31/09 at 06:05:49
Quote Print Post  
Yes sir what a tought bite on Saturday. My hands were so cold at one point I seriously thought about pee-ing on them. I'm not kidding. They HURT.

Henry and I were very disappointed on our finish. We ended up with only 2 fish for 6.63lbs and the second fish came with 40 minutes before weigh in. A very far cry from our many hours of pre-fishing for this tournament. But hats off to those who figured out a very tought bite.

Mike

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/01/09 at 00:11:12
Quote Print Post  
if you pee on yourself at banks im not fishing with you the rest of the year...

troy

IP Logged

Daryl
Forum Member

Reply #6 - 04/01/09 at 16:05:48
Quote Print Post  
I did pee on my hands (not on purpose) and still didn't feel it. I got the numbness out of my finger tips yesturday.

Go ahead Mike, pee on them, Troy will still fish with you. But he may not hold your hand.

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/01/09 at 23:49:23
Quote Print Post  
Angry hey that was one time dont judge me! 

troy

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #8 - 04/02/09 at 14:22:54
Quote Print Post  
Whatever hapened to..............

DON'T ASK, DON'T TELL

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo