Normal Topic lowrance tips (Read 4102 times)
Troy
Ex Member

lowrance tips
11/24/08 at 04:04:42
Quote Print Post  
Here is a cool one that I learned from another website, and that I used today.  Post ones you have as well.

Anolog Speedo with odometer:  In full map mode if you press exit quickly several times a speedo screen come up with an odometer that shows how many miles you have traveled with your unit on.  Just a cool little feature.

troy

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Re: lowrance tips
Reply #1 - 11/24/08 at 14:33:32
Quote Print Post  
yep thats one of my favorites....it works on my 522 and also on my dads 332

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #2 - 11/24/08 at 16:04:32
Quote Print Post  
Another on of my fav. things to do is when scouting out a lake set your depth for a little better than twice the depth your fishing and hard bottom (rock) will show up as a second echo. By knowing where rock is you can usally find where they are feeding...... Wink

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #3 - 11/24/08 at 22:11:04
Quote Print Post  
Here's a tip, always save your waypoints.  You never know when your unit will have a catastrophic failure, and then you can't save them  Tongue  Good thing I didn't have any special spots anyway.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/25/08 at 02:43:28
Quote Print Post  
Hesistant to post this one Cheesy because I think it can really help is cursor marking waypoints.  Never knew that you could scroll over your screen and mark waypoints.  Now when you highlight that waypoint it shows depth as well as coodinates.  I've spent alot of time on the water lately playing with my graph and searching the internet for tips, and it is really starting to payoff.   

troy

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/25/08 at 02:57:28
Quote Print Post  
Also when your hunting for perch in lake Wa when you see your gray line on the bottom get twice as thick those are perch your seeing on the bottom.

Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo