Normal Topic Whatta you gonna work on this year? (Read 3951 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Whatta you gonna work on this year?
03/17/08 at 03:51:01
Quote Print Post  
OK......here we are......on the cusp of another season where we are all sitting around chomping the bit hoping for those first warm stretches of weather that will cut loose our beloved Largemouth to raid the shallow and proliferate their species.
That said....what are you gonna do to get ready for them???
I started this process last August when I started on Weight Watchers and have lost 70 pounds on my way back to a much healthier and manageable weight which will make my fishing much more fullfilling and increase my stamina allowing me to learn more and reach farther within myself. Might be a little deep for such a small thread but I also am working on casting left handed.....rather "Roll Casting" from the left which will allow me to fish from either side of the boat..... and not have to switch the rod from hand to hand missing strikes.....a big problem for me....and will help me to incorporate the baitcaster much more.

So.....WHATCH YA GONNA DO?

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Re: Whatta you gonna work on this year?
Reply #1 - 03/29/08 at 09:59:33
Quote Print Post  
This year, I am hoping to improve on last year's goal - that was to get a limit at least once in  every tournament. Well, that was achieved and I even culled a few here and there. One of this year's targets is to get a couple of double-digit bags during Tournaments.

On a technical level, I am going to try and learn more about Carolina Rigs: type and size of lures, various combinations of line size, weight, bead and swivel etc, both with Spinning and Casting gear. Also to learn the correct application of a Carolina Rig - the When where and how to work it other than just throw it out and wind it back.

Frankly, that apart just getting out and fishing would be a great start!!!!

Faz

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/29/08 at 19:30:28
Quote Print Post  
I'm going to concentrate on fishing a little harder and better at the tournaments I attend this year... I've been slacking a little in the past few years when I do attend...

Also, I'm going to work hard at enjoying my float tube more on small lakes because I don't feel like continually handing money over to oil and gas corporations. Small soapbox note: Exxon-Mobile posted the largest profit ever for a U.S. corporation in 2007. Check out this article if you're interested:

http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/01/news/companies/exxon_earnings/

Ok. I'm done  Smiley

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/30/08 at 01:11:32
Quote Print Post  
i am going to work at power fishing more.  i'm soooo comfortable tossing plastics for fish.  i think the reason i faired well last year is because of the weather we had at most our tournaments making for tougher bites which i feel i do better on that sort of bite grinding out some fish.  also do some swimbait stuff as well but not get too carried away with it  Smiley

btw awesome job on the health quest larry!

troy

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/30/08 at 01:38:52
Quote Print Post  
I'm with Troy on the swimbait deal. Got real comfortable with them real fast and want to try my luck with them on other lakes, mess with sizes etc.

I am not fishing many club events due to other prior commitments this year but maybe next year.

Russ

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/30/08 at 14:59:55
Quote Print Post  
This year I will be working on a new technique which I have dubbed "swimshotting".  I will let you know how it plays out this year.

mark

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo