Normal Topic September Trip Report! (Read 3464 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

September Trip Report!
09/28/07 at 15:35:04
Quote Print Post  
Hey for all those wondering....yes we are back early! Rain and snow at the passes combined with the wind returning prompted an early return.
After my dismal effort at Chelan along with a Bilge Pump failure.....I was ready to get away from there and get to Banks Lake for some "Sure Thing" fishing but as we approached Grand Coulee we saw alot of wind and smoke from what was approx. a 75 acre brush fire that blacked alot of the hills above Spring Canyon State Park. We got to camp and set up by 6pm and went fishing by 7 am Monday with light breeze and 70 degrees....the lake had dropped 2 feet and by Thursday had dropped another foot!! Wednesday was the best weather day as it approached 80! probably the last time for the year!! Tuesday I weighed a 3-7 Largemouth for my big fish of the trip and it was on a Zara Spook! (Thanks Kirk!) caught maybe 10-12 fish Mon....15-20 on Tues. and at least 30 on Weds.! Carolina rigged Tiny Hogs in Castaic color and Dropshot Robos were the ticket but maybe 10 fish on Zara Spook!
great Fall colors are coming out and at times the lake was the most glassy I have ever seen it!!
Will be making an earlier trip next year...maybe the very next weekend after Labor Day.
Click on pick for show!

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Re: September Trip Report!
Reply #1 - 09/28/07 at 17:06:30
Quote Print Post  
Very nice, Larry.  Love the slideshows that you produce.  Just like being there.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/28/07 at 18:11:27
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

Nice show. Banks in October has been good to me with 50+ fish days up to 4lbs. I can't wait for the scholarship event as long as my knee holds up.
Russ

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/28/07 at 18:15:18
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the report, Larry. Looked like a fun time!

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/28/07 at 21:17:32
Quote Print Post  
nice report and great pictures!  i bet that 3.7 was fun on a spook.

troy

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #5 - 09/29/07 at 02:44:37
Quote Print Post  
Keri & I were there too.  Don't have a slideshow, however.  But we did manage to catch a bunch of smallies and largies right around the 2lb mark.  Even caught one on a Pop-R.  Weeeee!

Looking forward to next year!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo