Normal Topic Long Lake (Spokane River) (Read 3189 times)
Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Long Lake (Spokane River)
08/21/07 at 02:29:50
Quote Print Post  
Well, Larry Sullivan and I pre-fished this weekend over at Long Lake.  We fished a few hours Friday evening and did some lake familiarization mostly.  Saturday, we started around 8ish, started on some areas we got info on and struggled somewhat but did catch some keepers.  We caught a bunch of dinks and started searching areas to find the biguns.  Larry caught our favorite friends and we fed the birds with them.  Caught some keepers, mostly sm and one lm. Larry caught the most saturday and I could only manage 3 keepers.  Sunday was a different story.  Rain fell a couple of times late Sat night and early Sunday morning.  we departed to test some additional baits and quickly abandoned it after our arms were falling off.  Went back to our go to baits and followed up on our pattern testing it to make sure and picked additional areas.  Sunday, I caught my limit with some rather good size smallies (3 lbs) and one big surprise, a l.7 lb crappie.  This thing seemed a lot bigger than the weight and really fought.  No sqawfish on Sunday and our patterns held even during the constant downfall of rain. Larry caught 3 or 4 I believe also, and we were pleased so far.

The water was rather dirty, dingy, and no movement in over two weeks according to the locals.  The dam appeared at it's maximum as we drove home, so we can only hope things don't change.  Never found the LM other than the one Larry caught on Saturday.  We did learn alot about the lake, spoke to locals about the lake and really did pre fish good I think.  I and Larry will go into this final FLW qualifier tourney with alot more confidence.

Watched a local tourney going on while we pre-fished and day one leader brought in a bag of 20# LMB.  Should have followed him around, but we wanted our own patterns, but would love to have bent his ear for info, but, what the heck, we didn't go to every place, just most.  This lake has a lot of opportunities. Patience was our gold mine.

On we go to victory and hopefully we'll be bring back a new Ranger also....

Chuck P   Wink
« Last Edit: 08/22/07 at 02:10:08 by »  

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Re: Long Lake (Spokane River)
Reply #1 - 08/21/07 at 14:59:03
Quote Print Post  
Good luck guys!  It'd be awesome if you won.  Just remember us little guys when you do!  Wink

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #2 - 08/21/07 at 17:15:12
Quote Print Post  
Good luck & hang tough guys and make sure you check your knots!!  Don't want to have happen to you as what happend to me. Roll Eyes

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/22/07 at 02:03:52
Quote Print Post  
Smitty,  I was fortunate to not have any break offs.  Got stuck a couple of times in the weeds and had a heck of a time trying to break the line, but Larry knows the feeling, as he lost at least one due to line breakage due to our constant line twist, etc.  We will be checking everything.  I'm spending my time prior to Friday mornings departure to new line, new ties, etc.  We are definately feeling your pain.........

Chuck P

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/22/07 at 02:13:08
Quote Print Post  
Glenn,  Larry and I are already teasing each other about the win, we are just hoping if we don't that it is someone who doesn't have a boat already..  Enough of the bigger guns winning boats who really don't need one  (No names come to mention)....

We can only hope and wait for that winning ticket number, otherwise, we'll be coming home, in preparation for Chelan.....Onward....

Chuck P

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #5 - 08/22/07 at 03:37:46
Quote Print Post  
Here are some pics of Long Lake......now I wish I could have fished the club event last year....Great Time!! Cheesy
Click the pic!!
[url][/url]

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo