Normal Topic WBC Potholes Tournament (Read 3839 times)
Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

WBC Potholes Tournament
05/21/07 at 00:56:06
Quote Print Post  
Just got the word that Larry Sullivan is the winner of this years 1st tournament with 27+ lbs of Largemouth
2nd Place went to Lyle Logston with 22+, just edging out Bob Payseno who was also in the 22 pound range.  Excellent turnout, 53 I believe, with most if not all finding fish.  The wind was tough on Saturday forcing the Smallmouth crowd off the rock pile and back into Lind Coulee.  The dunes produced Largemouth for those able to crack the code, it appears that this year it was finding areas without algae buildup and skipping senko's into the willows.  That is all for now, I am sure as the participants arrive back home tonight they can add more information. 

BillB

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Re: WBC Potholes Tournament
Reply #1 - 05/21/07 at 04:56:39
Quote Print Post  
Nice job, Mr. Sullivan! Yeah baby, yeah!

You are the Potholes master, and I bow to your senko-ness. Is that two or three titles under your belt now for that pond?

IP Logged

M_Fields
Forum Member

Support the Troops!

Reply #2 - 05/21/07 at 14:55:25
Quote Print Post  
Way to go Larry!!! 

I hope that everyone had a good and safe time.

Marc F.

"Residing in Missouri wishin I was in Washington"

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #3 - 05/21/07 at 16:49:20
Quote Print Post  
The drive home across "The Hill" was interesting, to say the least! Angry

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/21/07 at 16:58:47
Quote Print Post  
Congrats to Larry (25lbs),Lyle and Bob Payseno for top 3. Fishing conditions were post spawn and cold front conditions with wind on saturday and Sunday.

I flipped my pants off with no return and site fishing was slim to none.

Wish we would have planned this event for first week of May. Fishing would have been and allways is much better then, with less Zero's to show for it.

Allways fun to fish with WBC as 53 entrants were present. Congrats goes to Kari May for big fish.

Russ

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/21/07 at 23:12:50
Quote Print Post  
i tell you what those that figured out the largemouth bite should all be commended.  i too worked hard up there for only three largies all weekend.  thank goodness the lake has smallies.  the weather was interesting to say the least.  me and my partner nearly got sea-sick  Shocked fishing the rockpile on saturday afternoon.  took a few waves over the bow while fishing  Shocked.  awesome tourney and congrats to Larry.

troy

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #6 - 05/22/07 at 00:07:30
Quote Print Post  
Very interesting tournament indeed.  I'd say the funnest part was running flat out sunday afternoon back to weigh-in.  Tongue  I think I need more experience on that pond for sure.  In the summer chucking buzzbaits in every direction is how I like to fish it.   Huh

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

b_olson
Forum Member

Reply #7 - 05/22/07 at 03:21:56
Quote Print Post  
i feel ok about finnishing at 21 out of 53. i have never fished that lake before. i really feel like i slowed down and that help me find them. my back seater had 11 pounds and i 7 on saturday. very scared for banks. need to study smallies. im a large mouth guy.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #8 - 05/22/07 at 13:47:41
Quote Print Post  
Hey b_olson,
  Banks in June is normally won with about 20 lbs with your single kicker LM, of course.  In June, you can still find bedding smallmouth around the lake and that's probably the best bet if you've never fished the lake before.  You can follow the crowd to Barker flat, the Punch bowl or Osborne Bay or hit main lake shores and look behind every rock bigger than a garbage can.  The dark bottom makes the beds stand out obviously.  Keep in mind that just because you have 8 lbs, with 5 fish, you're still very much in it for Sunday.  Big fish seldom breaks the 4 lb. mark.  A few years ago, I think we had 19 5 fish limits between 5 and 6 lbs.  It's a great time with another big turnout.  The kids and I will be there again.  As always, it will be a great time!!!!  See you there!

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo