Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Silver Lake (Read 9008 times)
Daryl
Ex Member

Silver Lake
10/22/06 at 16:37:42
Quote Print Post  
I had a friend of mine who is fishing a tournament at Silver Lake this weekend says the water is down a couple of feet. Has anyone else heard about or seen anything about the lake lately or after Brian and Carlos's trip a couple of weeks ago?

Daryl

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Re: Silver Lake
Reply #1 - 10/23/06 at 00:37:50
Quote Print Post  
Dary, the water is down but not a couple of feet.  It's more like a foot.  I seen the contest boats, who was hosting the tournament.

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/23/06 at 02:45:26
Quote Print Post  
Capital City

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #3 - 10/23/06 at 03:12:34
Quote Print Post  
Nick, was it an open and did you fish it?  Know the winning weight?

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/24/06 at 02:44:48
Quote Print Post  
reg. tournament, I did not get to fish it,not enough individual boats, it is pretty much an ALL Team circuit now. maybe 1-2 indi boats MAYBE per tournament

Talked to a friend saying the big fish was 5-12 and he didnt know the winning weight as he only fished saturday

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/24/06 at 03:15:46
Quote Print Post  
Is it a club only T Nick?  I'd like to fish one at Silver if they would let me next year.  I'll fish as many westside tourny's as I can for fun.

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/28/07 at 14:36:10
Quote Print Post  
Yep, the smaller club tournies are some of the funnest.

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/28/07 at 22:08:00
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Yep, the smaller club tournies are some of the funnest.

Should read "most fun.", Nick.  Let's hit those english books as hard as you read FLW Outsdoors.

IP Logged

b_olson
Forum Member

Reply #8 - 04/24/07 at 04:04:31
Quote Print Post  
its my first tourny ever this weekend! a little nervous! but i know its a fun tourny. i think the water was to norm hight. fished it last weekend and the carp were jumping all over. got 2 fish in 5 hours Cry. the water looked like a milkshake.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #9 - 04/25/07 at 03:20:11
Quote Print Post  
Yo' "B_olson",
  Welcome to the world of tournament fishing.  You'll love and be "hooked" by noon on Saturday.  As far as 2 fish in 5 hours, in several of our Silver Draws, you'd be right there for day two.  The "milkshake" color is why that lake, along with the depth, warms up so fast and turns the fish on literally overnight!  Should be a fun weekend.  Are you a boater or a non boater?  Either way, hunt me down and I'll give you a place to start but like I said, 2 fish in 5 hours ain't bad.  See ya' down there

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

b_olson
Forum Member

Reply #10 - 04/25/07 at 03:42:51
Quote Print Post  
cant weight. i hope my boat is ok, had the horn going off by it self and a loss of power in the engin last weekend. so i pulled out the fues for the horn.

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #11 - 04/25/07 at 04:05:53
Quote Print Post  
If the horn went off and you had loss of power, you should double check your oil resivor, that's it's way of stopping you so you don't toast your motor.  "little things that make a difference"

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #12 - 04/25/07 at 13:50:18
Quote Print Post  
Given that you were fishing at Silver Lake, you should also check your water intakes.  They could easily plug up with leaves etc. from all the lily pads and the trash that accumulates in the pad fields.  Insufficient cooling water is a reason for the horn to sound and the power to drop.  Silencing the horn is just a way of playing Russian Roulette with your engine Smiley.

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

b_olson
Forum Member

Reply #13 - 04/26/07 at 02:19:35
Quote Print Post  
thanks guys i look into those. but the funny thing is, is that the horn has never worked. its a "1983" skeeker.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #14 - 04/26/07 at 03:08:39
Quote Print Post  
Maybe that's because you've never had a problem that would "make it work" Roll Eyes

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo