Normal Topic Banks Lake - I am up and OUT!!! (Read 2386 times)
Sarge
Ex Member

Banks Lake - I am up and OUT!!!
09/29/06 at 17:32:48
Quote Print Post  
Hey y'all,

Heading out the door right now to do a little laid back camping and fishing at Banks Lake. Weather looks awesome and I'm pumped! I'll come back with a report for you scholarship tourney folks...

Chris

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Re: Banks Lake - I am up and OUT!!!
Reply #1 - 10/02/06 at 20:21:48
Quote Print Post  
Well Chris....what happened?  How was the fishing?  Are you going to need by boat now?

Bob

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/02/06 at 21:08:16
Quote Print Post  
Howdy Bob and everyone else,

Well - we didn't get a ton of fishing in, but we did get out for about 5 hours on Saturday. The bite was pretty good. We camped near the Barker Canyon boat launch and fished a little south of there. We caught around 10 smallmouth on splitshot rigged senkos and brushhogs. The largest three were a bit over 2 pounds. All of the fish came off points or dropoffs from flats in 15-25 feet of water. If we had more time, I bet we could have caught some bigger fish up shallower.

I couldn't buy a bite on topwater or weightless baits, but we also didn't get out until about 9am. Breakfast and coffee tasted too good to rush out. And because of a VERY stiff afternoon wind (20-25 mph), my little boat wasn't able to make it to any largemouth waters. The lake seems extra full right now. There is some brush in the water that I have never seen in the water before. If it stays that way, there might be an excellent largemouth bite in the bays...

Chris

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/02/06 at 22:53:23
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Chris for the report...Are you still not going to attend the Frostbite?

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/02/06 at 23:12:42
Quote Print Post  
Bob,

You are a bulldog!!!  Grin I don't plan on attending the frostbite... Finances man, finances. You are an excellent man for offering your boat up, but I will have to pass. Thank you so much for the offer.

Chris

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo