Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) WBC Moses Lake (Read 8644 times)
Sarge
Ex Member

WBC Moses Lake
09/25/06 at 17:41:24
Quote Print Post  
Ok... Give it up, people!  Grin

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Re: WBC Moses Lake
Reply #1 - 09/25/06 at 18:10:47
Quote Print Post  
It goes like this:

Larry Sullivan-1st
Carlos Trujillo-2nd
Bob Payseno-Third

Jim Ruman -Big Fish and Angler of the year- Way to go Jim

Russ
« Last Edit: 09/26/06 at 02:31:56 by StuK »  

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/25/06 at 18:20:48
Quote Print Post  
It was a total disaster for me Cry.  I did, however, enjoy the company of one Conner Hankinson Grin, for the event.  We had a great time and he is a heck of an angler.  Thanks for tagging along, Conner.  Another day and we will tear them up. 

Congrats to the winners and to Jim Ruman as well.  He was the model of consistency all year long, which is what it takes to win the AOY.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/25/06 at 18:24:09
Quote Print Post  
Whoa. It looks like there was some movin' and shakin' at this tournament... Way to fish slap 'em, Carlos! Congrats Larry and Bob! And Jim, way to go on TD and AOY!!! You are bringing back the tradition of old, where the TD almost always won Angler of the Year.

Chris

P.S. What were the general weights like?

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/25/06 at 18:30:55
Quote Print Post  
Sarge,
Larry weighed in a 17+ bag on Sunday after a 2+ bag on Saturday.  Typical Moses, tough to get on them consistently.  I do not care to ever fish it again in September, or anytime for that matter.  (Can you say, Uncle?)  Jimmy's big fish was a 7.2 Largemouth.  A real toad!

BTW, does anyone have photos from the weigh-in that they can share?  I would love to see Jim's fish.  Thanks.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/25/06 at 18:35:28
Quote Print Post  
Thanks, Kirk. I guess that point can't always produce  Wink

At least there were some hawgs caught. 7.2... WOW.

I can definitely say Uncle. I have been on Moses Lake four times and never caught a fish. It still is better than Riffe Lake, though.  Grin

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/25/06 at 19:50:08
Quote Print Post  
A definate toss-up between Riffe and Moses for the title of "most frustrating" bodies of water that leave you with that unsatisfied feeling of angling dis-enchancment.  Fishing there makes as much sense as the Bassmaster Classic being held in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 09/25/06 at 20:16:11
Quote Print Post  
Amen to that. Found the fishing quite inconsistent-find the fish one day and then they totally move. Fishes just like Riffe. Used to be Moses was more consistent for largies. Oh well thats fishing. Great job to the guys who figured it out on Sunday.

I want to thank Jim Ruman for all his hard work this year as TD and awesome close race for AOY which is the way I would rather have it anyday. Jim you deserve it.

You Da Man,

Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 09/26/06 at 02:43:23
Quote Print Post  
Talk about mixed emotions....day one 2.74 lbs.......day two 17.20 pounds!
Alls I can say is thanks to Bob Brownlee for being a great fishing partner this year and for always trying to keep me positive in the midst of collapse as in day one! I had even asked if he wanted to go to Potholes instead of fishing day two!
And thanks to Chris Sargent for mentioning many years ago after his wedding that I should fish the rocks in front of the lighthouse.
Also a great thanks to the club as a whole who made due with the potluck after it was discovered we did not have the clubhouse after all and had to move outside.

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #9 - 09/26/06 at 02:50:30
Quote Print Post  
Congratulations to Larry! What a Sunday comeback!

Congrats to Jim!
AOY!

Bill B and I had a good time this weekend. He taught me the finer points of dropshotting and we caught lots of fish (mediocre in size as they were) off a spot up in the north arm of the lake on the weedline in 6 - 8 feet of water. Bill had a couple of nice fish on Sunday. Our bite died after 11 am both days.

All in all a fun tourney weekend on a lake that from now on I'd rather drive by on I-90 than fish on.

Kirk,

Larry and I both took pictures of Jim's fish, but we both had disposable cameras. I need to take a few more pics before I get mine developed, but I will have a picture CD made before the next newsletter goes out, at the latest and will post it on-line.

Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 09/26/06 at 15:00:26
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Stu.  Anyway you can would be very much appreciated.  Thanks.  Need to buy a pocket digital camera very soon.

Kirk

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 09/26/06 at 20:20:22
Quote Print Post  
What was evident was the effect the weather has on this lake. That early cloud cover really brought the fish up (largemouth anyway), but they sure disappeared on Sunday with no clouds. There were some caught, but not like on Saturday.

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 10/04/06 at 16:01:21
Quote Print Post  
Hey Bob, did we ever find out who put the banana in the boat?

This was an awesome tourney by the way. A lot of fun. 8) Told ya I'd do some fish slappin' Russ! HA!

Way to go Jim! AOY Grin

Carlos

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 10/04/06 at 17:46:28
Quote Print Post  
Carlos,

Well it was about time you actually did what you were going to say. You sound like George Bush.
Russ

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 10/05/06 at 15:43:23
Quote Print Post  
Russ,

Would that make me "El Presidente"? Tongue

Carlos

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo