Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Long Lake Results (Read 5597 times)
gotfive
Ex Member

Long Lake Results
08/28/06 at 20:52:16
Quote Print Post  
Ok,
Others can chip in, but here are the un-official results:
Jim Ruman - 17.6 lbs
Dave Jarrel - 17.3 lbs
Mike Stahlman - 14 lbs
Dave Jarrel - Big Fish 4.8 smallmouth

Overall, a tough big fish bite.  Long Lake is a beautiful place and probably the best campground facilities I have seen in 10+ years with the club.  As usual, Jim Ruman did a great job.  The group did a great job with the potluck, the Logstons did a great job with the tri-tips, once again.  The club even had the first ever participant arrive by commercial airliner 8) to fish this event.  Man, we are moving up to the big time!!  It was great to see everyone again and I look forward to Moses Lake in September.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Long Lake Results
Reply #1 - 08/28/06 at 21:01:39
Quote Print Post  
Congrats. all!  Grin

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/28/06 at 23:52:25
Quote Print Post  
Thats one tight race. I see the fishing was tough, we were all off on totals for this one. Glad all had a grand time.
Russ

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/29/06 at 04:10:12
Quote Print Post  
I'll chime in....I'd like to Congratulate Mike Stahlman who came out of seemingly no where to edge me out of third place with a 11.10 bag (biggest of the tournament).  He did all that in a short fishing day of only six hours.

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/29/06 at 23:51:32
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Bob. I appreciate it. Sometimes the sun shines on a dogs a#%Smiley Great job to all that participated. How about a shout out to Andrea Logston, she had a big bag on Sunday!

And you aren't kidding about Carlos "Chainsaw" Trujillo!

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/30/06 at 03:39:15
Quote Print Post  
You are right about Andrea, Mike.  Kudos.

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/30/06 at 15:57:19
Quote Print Post  
Great Job to all what a great place for a tourney Grin! Way to go on the come back Andrea and Mike Wink! I also finished strong from 11oz. on the 1st day to end up w/ 7.7 atta boy chainsaw 8). I had a super fantasic time with the great WBC folks. Thanks again for the grub Lyle and Andrea and co. Looking forward to the next one. Sorry about the fumes Bob. Tongue

Carlos

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/30/06 at 21:38:20
Quote Print Post  
Carlos,
Apologize for what?  We did not hear a thing!
Kirk

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #8 - 08/31/06 at 04:13:21
Quote Print Post  
Sounds like a lot of fun, and good candidate for a tourny site next year, with the nice campgrounds and all.

Congrats to all who went and fished it.  Just getting to a tournament is something not to be taken for granted!

IP Logged

Andrea L
WBC Member

Reply #9 - 08/31/06 at 14:28:59
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Mike for mentioning my decent bag that I brought in on Sunday -- it was a great feeling to do good on the short day. 

Saturday was a rough day for me and for the very first time I asked Lyle to drop Brock & I off at campground at noon -- so I dumped my fish for day 1.

Sunday was much better -- Brock stayed with Sis in at the campground, I put on my diamonds & gold, WBC shirt and remembered the hoho's (Lyle was much happier)  Yes,  The Logston's are Team Hostess you know.  I think is was my "bling" that attracted those couple of nice smallies that I was able to get in the boat.

We had an awesome time with the all the WBC members, lots of laughs and stories -- what a great time!  and the campground was beautiful!

Andrea

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 08/31/06 at 15:23:47
Quote Print Post  
Andrea, you did rock on Sunday and, yes, I have to aquire some "bling" for myself.  The last time I tried that, my neck turned green from it's usual red.  I guess I should stop buying from the tatoo shop.

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 08/31/06 at 18:24:09
Quote Print Post  
Carlos "El Motosierras" Trujillo   8)
« Last Edit: 08/31/06 at 20:46:10 by »  

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 08/31/06 at 22:46:28
Quote Print Post  
Sounds good I like it. It kinda has a ring to it. Or should I say BUZZ? Roll Eyes

Carlos

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 09/01/06 at 02:18:55
Quote Print Post  
We had a great time, too. Took the whole family and we all really enjoyed the camping and fishing.

Thanks to all, especially Lyle and Andrea.

Stu

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo