Normal Topic Valley Marine Open Banks Lake (Read 2504 times)
gotfive
Ex Member

Valley Marine Open Banks Lake
08/07/06 at 03:53:01
Quote Print Post  
Mike Wolsky and I fished the Valley Marine Open on Banks Lake this week-end.  We had a great time!  51 boats were entered and the winning weight was just over 29lbs.  Mike and I finished in 14, just out of the money Tongue.  We struggled a bit on Saturday with 10.18 and were sitting in 27th place.  But we came back strong on Sunday with a real nice 12.98 sack on Sunday to jump to 14th.  Split-shot and Carolina rigs in 5 to 25' of water.  Major congratulations Grin to two of our newest member, Mike and Henry who fished as a team and finished in 2nd place, anchored by a 4.07 stud of a big fish on Sunday.  They weighed a whopping bag of 15.30 on Sunday.  Those that fish Banks much will tell you that is a fantastic weight.  All in all a great event for the money and I would advise that you make time to fish this next year.  The fishing was just incredible and the weather was not too hot.

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Re: Valley Marine Open Banks Lake
Reply #1 - 08/07/06 at 04:09:03
Quote Print Post  
Good Job Mike and Kirk, sounds like a good time.

Also want to shout out an "atta boy" to Mike and Henry for the strong finish, Oh so close  Cheesy

BillB

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/07/06 at 04:09:57
Quote Print Post  
Good report.  Sounds like you guys did well, congrats.  I'm assuming your talking about Stahlman in 2nd?  Banks lake is fun, thanks to Wolsky I've actually fished it  Wink

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/07/06 at 07:15:36
Quote Print Post  
CONGRATS!!!! I cant wait to fish it next year.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo