Normal Topic NW Tourney Potholes (Read 2678 times)
gotfive
Ex Member

NW Tourney Potholes
07/10/06 at 04:28:20
Quote Print Post  
Those who fished this, how did it go?

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Re: NW Tourney Potholes
Reply #1 - 07/10/06 at 06:08:19
Quote Print Post  

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/10/06 at 18:06:57
Quote Print Post  
Spanked by the summer water levels.
RB

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/11/06 at 15:06:43
Quote Print Post  
Yeah it was not pretty. Stuck our 4.6 early on one of my spots. We thought alright kicker fish early...Then had a 3+ come off on the first cast to my second spot. Then we didn't touch or see a single fish until the last 10 minutes when we found a completely submerged hidden hut in the willows and the fish wasn't eating anything. I knew the fish were going to have to come early, but couldn't locate any.

What was more frustrating is the weekend prior, I was all over fish. Thats why the first two spots worked out so good because I knew they were there. I mean 2 fish-8 lbs would have been a great start. All the other huts and areas I saw the fish the weekend before were bare... Here's another frustration....

We are like 10 out, out of 100+ boats, and we fly straight to my hot spot where we really wanted to start and there's a boat on it! Out of all the places...and he camped there all morning. We saw him pull at least one fish off it too. Oh well. Has been one of those years for me, I shouldn't have expected things to change just because it is my favorite lake...... Undecided

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/11/06 at 17:50:05
Quote Print Post  
I hear ya, Rob. Those NW tourneys are brutally tough for getting your first spot of the day. When Terry and I fished Potholes last year, our first two huts we wanted to hit (submerged ones!) had boats sitting on them.

Luckily, our third one worked out just dandy, but it could have easily gone the other way...

Chris

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo