Normal Topic Up Sizing Soft Plastics ? (Read 2874 times)
T_Dot
Ex Member

Up Sizing Soft Plastics ?
07/08/06 at 01:06:40
Quote Print Post  
I am catching alot of 2+ lbs fish, and would like to catching something a little bigger.

Dont get me wrong, nothing is wrong with catching 2 pounders, but I also would like to eliminate alot of the smaller fish as well.

I am using alot of 5 inch soft plastics, and would like to up size to 6 inches or bigger.  I may even do as big as 7+ until I can gain more confidence with a bigger bait.

After all, if they arent producing I can always down size, but I would like to start big for once.

I have a quiet a big of 6 inch baits on order, but its a small upgrade though.  I dont think it will be big enough to notice a difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips?

Smiley

Thanks

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Up Sizing Soft Plastics ?
Reply #1 - 07/08/06 at 01:41:07
Quote Print Post  
instead of up-sizing baits I would change locations and apply the PATTERN you have found to new water.........I have found that sometimes DOWNSIZING to finesse baits will do the trick as older fish are smarter fish........just a thought in a different direction.
Grin

IP Logged

T_Dot
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/08/06 at 05:07:39
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
instead of up-sizing baits I would change locations and apply the PATTERN you have found to new water.........I have found that sometimes DOWNSIZING to finesse baits will do the trick as older fish are smarter fish........just a thought in a different direction.
Grin

good tip

thanks

Smiley

IP Logged

T_Dot
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/14/06 at 23:36:09
Quote Print Post  
any suggestions of how big of a worm i should use 10 or 12 ?

the biggest ive used before is 8

Smiley

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/14/06 at 23:59:24
Quote Print Post  
Get out EARLY in the mornings and throw a buzzbait till your arm falls off, the big fish will come.  Then fish normally the rest of the day  Tongue  I have never used over 7-8 either.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo