Normal Topic Wapato Lake (Read 3476 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Wapato Lake
06/27/06 at 12:27:52
Quote Print Post  
Fished Wapato Monday with Bob Brownlee after the Chelan tourney and within ten minutes lost a 6+ pounder at the boat!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.............
also caught about 25 dinks (1.8 and smaller) and just before noon got a 3.0 as it got to 95 degrees! AT NOON!
gotta go there some more!

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: Wapato Lake
Reply #1 - 06/27/06 at 14:43:55
Quote Print Post  
Ok Russ......

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/27/06 at 14:47:57
Quote Print Post  
Yeah but I did not push my "Sponser" Items!

Tonguecheesy

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/27/06 at 18:10:58
Quote Print Post  
What was the pattern? We were there in May, and could only manage a bunch of dinks in 10ft of water on dropshots! In fact, it was a pretty calm day, and we never even saw a decent fish?
thanks chad s.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/27/06 at 22:11:15
Quote Print Post  
Chad,
The pattern was to actually trick the fish, by entering a tournament at Lake Chelan and camping at Kamiea Park on Wapato.  You then back your hydro-blaster to the edge of the bank and cast OVER the tules from the deck of your boat.  Be sure to use braid or some sort of aircraft cable and you can ski the fish right on in.  Also, it does not hurt to have a Mike's or some other adult beverage close by.  It seems as though the fish bite better for anglers with a higher blood alcohol level than others.  Though I do not promote that behavior, please keep that in mind for your future bank fishing endeavors.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/28/06 at 00:14:07
Quote Print Post  
Chad,

You were probably just fishing in the wrong area. We found tons of fish on beds in 10-15 feet of water.
Russ

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/28/06 at 03:40:24
Quote Print Post  
Dude,
I am not quite sure, but I think Chad's question was for Wapato Lake Tongue Tongue

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo