Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Chelan Results (Read 10116 times)
Andrea L
WBC Member

Chelan Results
06/26/06 at 18:30:28
Quote Print Post  
For those of you who missed the Chelan Tourney (you missed a great one!) here are the folks who took home the hardware:

1st Place - Russell Baker - 27.7 lbs
2nd Place - Kirk Holmes - 26.6 lbs
3rd Place - Jim Rumann - 26.0 lbs
4th Place - Mark Maderos - 25.0 lbs -- BIG FISH 5.7lb

Congrats to all -- it was a great weekend!

Andrea

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Re: Chelan Results
Reply #1 - 06/26/06 at 21:36:32
Quote Print Post  
Thanks to Brian/Faz and Mark Fields for making it so I could go and fish. Mark, I had a great time out there on the water and stay safe in Iraq.

Overall, a real fun tourney with some good bags and fish. My biggest was right at 4 lbs. on a wacky rigged Ghost Baits G-Stick. Also, it was nice weather even though it was hot... BUT ALOT OF FUN! and a good turnout.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/26/06 at 22:13:48
Quote Print Post  
Great camping and bbq as well.  Lyle and Andrea outdo themselves everytime!!  Why do those week-ends go by so darn fast anymore???  I thought the fishing was great and plan on making a trip back there this summer in hopes of catching another 5+ smallmouth.  Chelan is a beautiful place.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/27/06 at 00:40:42
Quote Print Post  
Ditto Kirk on the Logston cooking team, Thanks so much Lyle for cooking up some great grub. I have more good times with the WBC club than I do at NW Bass anyday. The jokes,laughs,food,fishing, and overall commaradie of good fellowship. Its also great to see some girlfriends, daughters, and wives come out and fish these events.

Chelan was the best smallie fishery I have ever experienced. That was the first 15.01 lb bag of smallies I have ever brought in for a tourney. I have never seen so many 4-7+lb smallies cruising in any lake other than this one. Koodos for the club for choosing to fish here. Hope this becomes a regular venue for WBC in the future.

And a big thanks go to my partner Chuck Pique for being such a good netter and Ordella Rods for helping me win.

Russ

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/27/06 at 01:19:24
Quote Print Post  
What does the brand of rod mean in sight fishing?  Are the fish thinking, "man, if he threw that Ordella Rod with the super-imposed glazed finish, tastefully done in the light pewter gel-coating, I would definately bite!"  Sorry, had to go for it!

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/27/06 at 02:54:15
Quote Print Post  
The Brand of rod made it work!!
Russ

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/27/06 at 14:43:20
Quote Print Post  
The rods help shake your noodle right!!  Grin

Anyhow this is a fun lake with great scenery, especially the hotels, docks and walks at the far south end...oooh nelly!! How many lakes can you sight/bed fish in 18 ft of water? Plus there is also that potential for a pig. BBQ was great again and of course the members never make it anything less but enjoyable. Mark wooped me this year though on the annual Sat evening rowboat topwater dink fishing competition. I'll be back next year.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/27/06 at 14:56:16
Quote Print Post  
I really enjoyed my new polarized glasses for the sight fishing.  They kept my focus right where it belonged.  I will never again go to Chelan without them.  Thanks.

Kirk

IP Logged

Daryl
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06/27/06 at 18:25:15
Quote Print Post  
Even though I did not catch a big bag. I want to thank Fruit of the Loom for keeping my package intact, while making that rough water sprint at the end of the each day. Also, I want to thank the makers of Vicodine for giving me the opportunity to fish these tournaments.

Guy's if I left any sponsers out I apoligize.

Daryl

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 06/27/06 at 18:27:25
Quote Print Post  
Fruit of the Loom.....  You crack me up Daryl!! LOL

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/27/06 at 18:43:15
Quote Print Post  
No other boat rides like a Triton right Daryl?   Wink

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 06/27/06 at 19:02:35
Quote Print Post  
Yeah especially a Banana Boat Wink Wink Wink
Russ

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #12 - 06/27/06 at 21:18:58
Quote Print Post  
Cheesy GrinThats great Daryl!! Grin Cheesy

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 06/27/06 at 23:48:07
Quote Print Post  
That's right Rob, bow down to the Sensei and try to snatch the Sammy from my hand.  What a blast again for the Chelan event.  This has to be the premier smallie lake in the state.  We had very tough conditions to fish under.  Much of the fish we in a post spawn mode with still a number of males still clinging to a spawning routine.  Fish were VERY scattered and difficult to catch.  I got lucky on Sunday and did manage the 5.7 smallie that was a post spawn female we had seen on Saturday to go first thing in the morning on Sunday.  Thanks go to my partner Jose for letting my have first crack at the bedding fish we found on Sunday.  Also, to all my sponsors, WWE for the hook setting belt, the posey and the ho's for all their support.

Mark

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #14 - 06/28/06 at 00:40:12
Quote Print Post  
Awesome lake.  I can't imagine it 2-4 weeks earlier.  Shocked  Thanks Dave for allowing me to tag along for the second tourney in a row.  Boy do I miss my boat.  I almost forget until   I get to go out and then I think of every excuse in the book to get one.  I echo every one else on having Chelan added to our list for the future.  I just wish Dave and I would have figured out the pattern or lack there of sooner than mid-Sunday.  Oh well it was a blast anyhow.  I was hoping to see a fish slap!   Grin  Maybe next year.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo