Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Jamboree on Banks (Read 5956 times)
Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Jamboree on Banks
05/30/06 at 02:15:58
Quote Print Post  
Just got word that WBC finished sixth at the Jamboree with Mack Randle leading the way.  Mack lead the tournament for the first two days, but  day three's short duration caught him and he finished a very respectable third.  Way to go Mack!!  Grin

BillB

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Re: Jamboree on Banks
Reply #1 - 05/30/06 at 03:48:31
Quote Print Post  
Great to see Mac do well and that the club finished well again.  How was the weather and fishing pressure this year?  What were the fish caught on, etc?  Thanks Bill for such a quick report.

Chuck

IP Logged

Andrea L
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 05/30/06 at 20:32:53
Quote Print Post  
Here's some more results from the Jamboree:

1st Place - Kids Division 0-6 yrs old
Brock Logston with 19 + lbs (lizards with a spiked tail were Brocks bait of choice--yes, he required them to be spiked -- YIKES!)

3rd Place - Kids Division 7-11 yrs old
Dru Randle

Honorable Mention - Kids Division 7-11 yrs old
Paige Jarrell -- finished just out of the trophies

3rd Place - Kids Division 12-16 yrs old
Nick Barr

2nd Place - Womens Casting Contest
Kendra Logston

3rd Place - Womens Casting Contest
Megan Holmes

1st  Place - Men's Casting Contest
Dave Jarrell

3rd Place - Men' Casting Contest
Richard Fazackerly

The weather was less than desirable, yes rain, wind, thunder and some sun peaking out now & again . . . but we all survived.  Yesterday was the best day weather wise with the sun shining brightly from early morning.  When the wind quit, it was great site fishing.

As a side note and with no intention to take away from Mack's great 3rd place finish but he was fishing for another club  Tongue -- not WBC -- and yes he did wear the other clubs jacket the whole weekend -- Please give him a very bad time about it when you see him again! We did, all weekend long.

That's it for now.

Andrea

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/30/06 at 22:05:42
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Andrea!   It was a great time, other than the fast acting flu bug that spread thru camp with a rampage on Sunday evening/Monday morning. 

The fishing was great, but the overall weights seemed to be low.  The larger fish seemed to be moving up as the week-end rolled along.  88 total boats were fishing.   It was most fun fishing near the Logston's and the Jarrel's on Barker Flat on Sunday morning.  That was so much fun.  Not sure why I have not fished the Jamboree more often.  I will be back.

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/30/06 at 22:47:13
Quote Print Post  
We'll have to spank MAC then so who ever catches him first, lasso him, and bring him to the next meeting.  Oh, well, at least he caught FISH.... it's all in the game anyway.    Grin Grin Grin Grin Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/31/06 at 01:18:42
Quote Print Post  
The Jamboree was pretty awesome, really low amount of boats. I had alot of fun fishing with sullivan and for Western. As a Sidenote I finished 5th in the Jr. Bass Anglers State Championship in the 15-18 year old division, even though I am only 14 I am in the Upper Age Group because my birthday fell on a weird date. For Culver, I dont know what he was doing with that 60 lbs. braided line!  Tongue  Congrats to everyone and I had one heck of a time!

I have one award to give to Brian Walker, The BOO Award, I think he had the whole entire Crowd off their feet booing on him for winning like 3 straight times in the raffle!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Dave_Jarrell
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/31/06 at 02:53:19
Quote Print Post  
Paige and I really enjoyed the Jamboree this year.  As allways we enjoyed fishing and chatting around everyone from western.

It was enbarrasing to be next to the Kirk and Meagan as they watched Paige cull 2 fish before I had my third.  And thanks a bunch KIRK on teaching Paige how to rub it in Embarrassed!!!  Nothing is so great as watching your child for the first time catch fish in a contest Grin

Hope to see everyone next year!

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/31/06 at 03:09:25
Quote Print Post  
Yea,
The giggle that ran across the quiet lake was something that I will not soon forget.  She did great.  Brock had the same mojo going on as well. 

I will not forget culling four fish on Sunday on the infamous zara puppy.  There is nothing like it.  It was so much fun!!  See ya next year!!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06/01/06 at 03:17:42
Quote Print Post  
Yes indeed it was a HOOT as usual but will look forward to next years turnout as the top three clubs had over 20 anglers and we had but 12.
Great too to see that the other clubs all had talked to us and were glad to see us present after last years event having only two or three boats....nice to know you are missed!
Hal and the gang at Coulee Playland are to be commended again as the new ramp and the re-inforced lower lot sites are looking great.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 06/01/06 at 03:39:58
Quote Print Post  
Good call, Larry.  The place looked better than ever and I look forward to spending some time there this summer, and the staff at Coulee was great as always,  Even though no largies in tourney's, Banks is still a great destination.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/01/06 at 21:37:44
Quote Print Post  
Just had to mention that Nick Barr scored in the tackle department by bring in an ancient Shimano FX 6 ft. two piece combo just inside the Punchbowl.....Look forward to him cleaning that rig up and putting her back to work slaying the bigguns!
p.s.......he would also have had at least 8 more pounds if Largemouth counted......GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 06/02/06 at 02:36:51
Quote Print Post  
Yeah, I thought I was hung up and it popped free. and I had it hooked in the very top guide. Also catching 2 nice Largemouth was a pain, and I say I only get PO'ed when I Catch a Largemouth is when I am at Banks Lake. But it was pretty fun. And once Again Thanks to Larry for taking me out.

PS: I asked the Shimano rep if it ws still under warranty, and he said its warranty includes a scrub, soap and a brush.

Was worth the Try Though Grin

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #12 - 06/02/06 at 03:06:45
Quote Print Post  
I First would like to give a personal thanks to Mark
Fields for helping me out friday morning even though I was clear over in Easton, and to Harley Davison for all that he did.  This is just a small example of why this is such a great club, we are truly fortunate to have this caliber of people in or club.  For those who don't know, Faz and myself had some tranny problems on the way over as well as a few other "situations" over the weekend but dispite all that we had an awesome time fishing. Faz caught limits on day one and two which is a personal best for him, WAY TO GO FAZ!!!! Grin 8) On day 2 we were lookin for smallies on the edge of the grass line and ended up with 25 largies instead, but man what a blast!!! 8)  I would also like to thank all of those who donated to the raffle table, I've enjoying alot of it allready!! Wink

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 06/02/06 at 04:42:45
Quote Print Post  
I'd like to second the thanks from Brian to both Mark Fields and Harley - this is just the whole reason I can't see myself ever not renewing my membership of this great club!

Mark gave up most of a day to help us out, and Harley went way more than just the extra mile to help out... Mark and Harley, I will remember to "pay it forward"

Thanks Mark and Harley !!

This Jamboree was my best ever for many reasons, the limits two days running, finishing with my best weight ever, best total fish count ever, the evening fun catching 15 or more Largies every day, finishing 3rd in the casting (only 3 points behind Dave Jarrell - way to go Dave!!) - and as always the great company of the WBC membership.

I guess the scariest moment was turning right to go around Steamboat Rock and seeing Brian turn the wheel and nothing happen and then the wheel the other way and still nothing.....at over 60mph!

Way to go WBC! Sorry to hear that Kirk, Megan and Lyle were caught out by some potentially bad food. Had they not been suffering, I'm sure we would have had more limits to add weight.... (conspiracy theory anyone?)

Faz

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo