Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Potholes Results (Read 13250 times)
marktfd88
Ex Member

Potholes Results
05/22/06 at 15:16:38
Quote Print Post  
Thanks go out to Jim Ruman for an excellent tourney.

As best as I can remember  Undecided 
1st  Russ Baker         28lb 1 oz
2nd Mark Maderos     27lb 13 oz
3rd Mike Stahlman     right at 26/ 27lbs
4th Jim Ruman            25lbs
5th Bryan Hudgins      24lbs

16th place Nick Barr at 19lbs 14oz.  Refenced for the amount of weight need just to crack the top 15 was 20lbs this year.  Lots of fished caught with big fish a 5lb 8oz toad by Carlos.  ( Big Fish Master this year).

I'm sure someone will have official results up soon.  Most bags were mixed bags.  Smallie bite was good both days on the rock piles and Lind Coulee, Largemouth bite was definitely on for those that went searching for them in the dunes.

Mark

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Re: Potholes Results
Reply #1 - 05/22/06 at 18:50:06
Quote Print Post  
Awesome job on the tournament Jim.  It was a good time.  Great turnout, congrats to the top runners.  Great job Nick Barr, better buy or remember to bring your own weigh bag next time  Wink  Maybe even buy an oversize bag with all the bass you catch  Tongue

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/22/06 at 22:28:42
Quote Print Post  
Chris, Thanks for letting me use your weigh-in bag, I do have one but its one of those salmon/walleye ones that is 3 times the size of a regular ones. I just wish I could fill up one of those big sacks, maybe In Amistad or somethin.  

I had A LOT of fun, Got to learn the dunes a bit and had a great time riding in the snake boat, and Stahlman with 15 lbs. of smallies nearly scared me to death. I really had alot of fun and cant wait for CHELAN!!!!!

One big thanks to Mark for taking me and I learned alot from him in the 2 days in the snake boat. Thanks!

I got to tell you, it was the WWE Belt that made the difference!!!

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/22/06 at 23:32:30
Quote Print Post  
I 2nd the great event. 45 guys and 26 boats, wow what a good time. Jim Ruman ran a great tourney, thanks Dave Jarrel for the great computer work on the tournament program.

Fishing for largies was pretty easy on saturday with lots of site fishing and aggressive fish in the sticks, but of coarse the 2nd day allways changes with the weather.

Good job to Mark Maderos & Mike Stallman for making up ground on the 2nd day to finish on top of the leader board. You had to make serious adjustments to keep up with the fish.

We found the fish holding on the outer edges of bays on sunday instead of the inside like they were holding in on saturday.

The keys for me were a 7-6" Ordella 902 flipping stick spooled with 20lb flourocarbon, a pair of Hobie Photochromic polarized sunglasses, a 1/2 oz rattling Blk/Blue Jig and Steve Lewis my partner netting my fish.

Also caught some key fish on Senko's skipped under tree's.

One of the biggest things I utilized was seeing a web statement from Kirk Holmes a couple of days ago that stated go with your instincts. Thanks Kirk for reminding me of that.

Russ

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #4 - 05/23/06 at 02:00:10
Quote Print Post  
I would like to thank Jim "Biggun" Ruman for running this. It takes a lot of work to run this tourney.

Also thank Henry "Horny" Dover for getting me back into bass fishing 2 years ago after my second shoulder surgery. Now you know why my name is EX softballer. I forgot how much fun it was after not bass fishing for years.

Maybe I should also thank my sponsor ST. Croix rods for their great rods. I know how much most of the clubbers hate all of the sponsership BS.

I almost forgot to thank Warden Lake RV for putting up with us this weekend. Also putting up with Rob "Hulk Hogan" Maglio for passing out on the couch Saturday night:)

Great tourney and thanks for all of the support

Mike S.
« Last Edit: 05/23/06 at 23:55:30 by »  

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/23/06 at 03:14:48
Quote Print Post  
Way to go WBC...Big bags of big bass...wow,, Hey Russ, does this mean at Chelan I need to bring only my netting gear?  Way to go buddy, it must of been great... It appears all had a great time (except I heard some tents traveled some) Great job Jimmy R on the tournament.  You guys rule..

If someone needs a bag for their fishy (Nick) I believe I have a new one sitting in my closet and it's yours, just call or email me prior to next months meeting and remind me to bring it..

Thanks,

Chuck Pigue

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/23/06 at 14:07:16
Quote Print Post  
You guys are too much.  But in keeping with the "flavor" of the string, I would like to thank "Crest" toothpaste for keeping my breath minty fresh while reeling in the "big'un's".  It is also important to thank MD toilet paper, without them, the job just isn't finished and teh day is just not comfortable!

STOP!  Kiss Just say "no" on the forum to sponsorship talk and stick to fishing and fun.

It was great too see everyone again.  I love that event.  By far my favorite of the year.  It was great having the kid along, too.  Also, tough luck Bryan H., keep fishing, dude.  Thanks, Ruman.  You did fine.  Don't stress too much about things.  It's all good.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/23/06 at 15:34:56
Quote Print Post  
Nice one Kirk, notice that I didn't plug my sponsor, did it at the tourney with the WWE champion ship belt and the bumble bee WCCT shirt.  How's that hat working out for you?  Grin

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/23/06 at 16:10:38
Quote Print Post  
Good one Kirk, you totally read my mind on the sponser plugs. I'm cracking up about the  Grin"Crest"Grin comment as I write this. You are too funny dude.

Good job again Jim. Glad you stepped up to take over as T.D. Thank's Bob for letting me back seat with you I had a great time and look forward getting back out on the water with you. This event Rocks and so does WBC! 8) It's truely a blessing to get to fish with you guys. Ya'll are allot of fun!

Carlos
« Last Edit: 05/23/06 at 18:23:05 by »  

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 05/23/06 at 17:48:22
Quote Print Post  
Our sponsor for Team Seagrams was more than a little disappointed with our performance and asked us
NOT
to acknowledge them publically.

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #10 - 05/23/06 at 19:16:51
Quote Print Post  
While some club members may think mention of a sponsor is a bunch of yada yada, they should realize that it's something that must be done by those of us who are sponsored in order to keep our sponsorships.   
At least in my case, certain sponsors occasionally make available free products or products at a deeply discounted rate that are for our discriminatory disposal.  Most of the time that product ends up on the club's raffle table. 
I suspect that most of us would like to have the ability to fish with the newest top of the line tackle or from a new flashy boat if we could.  The price some of us pay for that privilege is to PROMOTE the product.  That usually means mentioning it, not idolizing it to the point of nausea.  I have yet to see any of the several sponsored members of this club violate that unwritten standard.  As I indicated previously, we are here to promote a product, Pro-Staff does not mean professional angler, we are promoters.  We are also your direct link between you and the manufacturers.  We provide that living breathing contact when you have a question or a problem with your boat, fishing line, jackplate, reel, engine or rod. 
Yes, we wear our hats, shirts, and have all the decals on our trucks & boats, but are we disrupting the workings of the club?
I think not, and would challenge anyone to demonstrate that we are.

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 05/23/06 at 21:09:37
Quote Print Post  
Smitty, my good man, I can not argue one bit with your logic.  Whatever floats you boat and blows your bubble is what I say.  I am as loyal as the next guy when it comes to my products that I use when fishing.  I have been using Shimano reels for example since the birth of time.  That is my support to the industry.  Cash speaks very loud to them, last I checked.  You have known me a very long time and you know I LOVE giving and getting a bad time with my fellow anglers in the WBC, but my heart is always in the right place. 

Enough mush, Team Seagrams did a great job with Maglio on Saturday night.  Some sort of initiation I guess, because Rob was noo where to be found on Sunday.  Saw him sleeping in the dunes on Sunday, must be some sort of additional test, I don't know.

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 05/23/06 at 21:40:00
Quote Print Post  
As a disclaimer, Team Seagrams always endorses to use their products responsibly.  As I was told by the "Sheriff of Warden Lake"  Rob suffered a back injury Saturday that caused him to withdraw from Sunday's activities.  Although some may question the full extent of the injurie's contribution to his early retirement Sunday, I say for the record and in Rob's own words, that by the time Rob visited our sponsor's booth he was well over the daily catch limit.

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #13 - 05/23/06 at 23:26:24
Quote Print Post  
I think that Smitty said it best. That's all I have to say about that!

MISSED 5

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 05/23/06 at 23:41:41
Quote Print Post  
I have just posted the final standing results   8)

Here is the link for your convenience!

http://bbrynteson.com/potholesresults06.htm

In the end I am sure we can be sure of one thing, that this was a good tournament and we all learned alot and will be back next year with even more determination and confidence.

BillB

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo