Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Silver Lake Draw (Read 7332 times)
gotfive
Ex Member

Silver Lake Draw
05/01/06 at 02:59:07
Quote Print Post  
C'mon, you guys gotta be back to the barn by now!!  I do know who won, but would like details!!

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Re: Silver Lake Draw
Reply #1 - 05/01/06 at 04:16:59
Quote Print Post  
Ron Hankinson won
Jim Rumman second
Ray third

BIG Fish: 7.1 CARLOS!!!

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/01/06 at 04:22:01
Quote Print Post  
Carlos you dawg! Good job to Hankinson and the rest of the gang.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/01/06 at 04:29:20
Quote Print Post  
Sorry Nick...WRONG!
1st. Ron Hankinson 29+ lbs
2nd. Phil Hidgens 26+lbs
3rd. Jim Rumann 23+ ? might be 21 but too tired....
211 fish 2.2 lb average
20 anglers.
Grin

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/01/06 at 04:33:00
Quote Print Post  
On day 1 water temp was 63 lakewide, there was cloud cover in the am and the rain held off until around 2 or so.  There was a good spinnerbait and weightless plastic bite for most.  day 2 water temp ahd dropped 3-4* but warmed back up to 63 by 11:00 due to the sunny weather that we were graced with. The bite was alot tougher (as usual) but despite that there were still a quite few fish weighted. After it was all said and done the average fish was 2lbs.  Big fish was a toad 7lb, 1oz. Largemouth caught by Carlos. WAY TO GO!!!!! Shocked Cheesy  Cudos to Jim Ruman who managed to make the TD position look as easy as cutting pie. If this is any display of the coming events, we are in for an awesome year! Smiley

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/01/06 at 06:42:59
Quote Print Post  
Awesome job done by all !!  I got some extra hours in and fished until 7:30pm today.  Thanks to some good tourney weigh-in info, combined with Jim Rumann's kind self, I got a 3lb 10 oz on the 'secret color' senko.  Tongue  I didn't use a senko the whole tourney  Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/01/06 at 15:03:27
Quote Print Post  
sorry there, It was 10pm, so i was a little weary.
Forgot about phil and him hating Silver So much he just had to catch a bunch.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/01/06 at 15:29:25
Quote Print Post  
Hankinson has that lake figured.  Good thing we are not fishing that place every month.  It is no surprise that Jimmy Ru is going to do well as a TD.  Perfect personality for it.  Thanks for the reports, fellas.  BTW, I remember winning this event with 10 lbs.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/01/06 at 16:34:31
Quote Print Post  
WOOT! WOOT!

Nice job, Hank! Nice big fish, Carlos! This lake has not disappointed the last couple of years.

I remember the 10 pound tournies Kirk is talking about... I used to think that getting a limit on Silver Lake was the most impossible task in Washington State bass fishing  Grin

Sounds like I missed out on a lot of fun...
Chris

IP Logged

bill44
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 05/01/06 at 17:49:48
Quote Print Post  
Way to go Ron - I'm sure the Ranger had a lot to do with the win.

Carlos - Man that is Big - Is your heart still pounding?

Good Job

Bill

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 05/01/06 at 23:26:31
Quote Print Post  
As usual it was a blast at anouther WBC tourney. Good job Jim things went very smoothly I thought. Also thanks to Dave Jarrell for the excel spred sheet for weights and totals, it worked great. To the guys who couldn't make it hope to see you there next year. I had a good time out on the boat with Day 1 draw Phil and Day 2 Stu and Chris. Also a very special thanks to Doug for bringing down the RV, the rest in a dry place was awesome!Thanks again guys! 8) Well this is getting long and my arm is still tired from that PIG Shocked I caught Sat Wink. Good times guys and bring on Potholes... Grin

Carlos
« Last Edit: 05/02/06 at 22:48:36 by »  

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 05/02/06 at 15:45:18
Quote Print Post  
Here is a shot of her from the weight in. Shocked 8)

Carlos

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 05/02/06 at 16:25:48
Quote Print Post  
The gritty look of determination... Nice pic, Carlos. It looks like you are ready to go all-in.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 05/03/06 at 03:35:35
Quote Print Post  
Carlos,
You need to take lessons from Wolsky.  You should have imagined it was gold with very large scales! Wink  Nice toad, though.  Congratulations.

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 05/03/06 at 15:53:00
Quote Print Post  
Thanks guys. This is my new personal best. Like Rob and I were talking about last night, last year his 8.8 tourney big fish made for his new personal best. This year my 7.1 tourney big fish made mine. If that ain't enough to get people to come to the Silver Lake Draw, than we don't know what will. I kinda got alittle big fish mojo going. Last year I was with Rob when he got his. And this year, this is my 3rd over 5lbs. So it has been a lot of fun so far! Grin

Carlos

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo