Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Lured by the Dark Side! (Read 10341 times)
Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Re: Lured by the Dark Side!
Reply #15 - 10/27/05 at 02:04:15
Quote Print Post  
OH THE HUMANITY!!!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 10/28/05 at 04:27:21
Quote Print Post  
Man..........What did I start?
OK....Just got back and I have to say..........
We bass anglers have it easy! Not only was it cold.......(29 degrees at game time!) and low water.......but every type of bug had been humping and had the fish all riled up so you had to keep changing lures for each area according to the hatch!
Ever heard of a "Blue Wing Olive"?
How bout a "Elk Hair Nymph"?
I know bout them now and it is a true art the way these folks tend to their craft and although my fish were just short strikers I had a blast!
Especially when we first got there and were met by 15 Bighorn Sheep across the river who stayed around all day!

p.s......I have some free waders in my garbage can for those who dont mind swimming as the leak like crazy......BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

oh....yes we waded...no drift boat wus here!

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 10/28/05 at 04:56:54
Quote Print Post  
all the bugs were "humping"  that hilarious.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 10/28/05 at 16:37:42
Quote Print Post  
Geez Larry,  How could you keep your mind on fishing when there were all of those "dates" across the river. Roll Eyes

Rich

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 10/28/05 at 17:42:02
Quote Print Post  
You've seen the light, eh Larry? Grin

You were obviously fishing the lower canyon between Ellensburg and Yakima.  That's a great section of water!  If you catch the blue wing olives hatching (or humping, as some people call it) and have the right size, color and shape of bug, and present a drag-free drift without spooking the fish, you can have a most memorable day on the water! Wink

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 10/28/05 at 18:34:29
Quote Print Post  
"Blue Wing Olive" and "Elk Hair Nymph" I think are a couple of local, legendary waitresses from Selah.  Where did you launch the Pro-Craft?  Starting to sound like "A River Runs Through It" revival.  I need to go now, I think I swallowed a blue wing olive and need to THROW-UP......

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 10/28/05 at 23:47:10
Quote Print Post  
"Draw closer to the light my chromer followers, let us not be discouraged by being labled as slimers or such......... Wink Roll Eyes 8)"

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 10/28/05 at 23:49:14
Quote Print Post  
This is gross! You guys need to move this thread.....to another forum altogether!

I can't believe what I'm hearing. A few tough days on Sammamish then Washington and you guys resort to slimers. All that hard work waisted.... Cry

IP Logged

gotfivetoo
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 10/29/05 at 20:06:22
Quote Print Post  
Next we will be hearing what color of power bait is working for the hatchery dogs that are stocked in the local stormwater ponds called lakes.  Just a reminder, this is the Western BASS Club......shees......

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 10/31/05 at 03:18:57
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

Good for you. Glad you could see the other side for a change. Ya know it might just help you become a better Bass fisherman. Now you will really appreciate how easy it is for us. Changing flys every other minute just to keep up with those slimers is way to much work.
But a different challenge that all those that haven't tried it yet should.

One of my favorite Fly's is called a royal coachman, Dip will no what this is. Have absolutely smoked them on this one.
Russ

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 10/31/05 at 17:34:44
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
One of my favorite Fly's is called a royal coachman, Dip will no what this is.

I have no idea what that is, you slimer slimeball...I'm a bass fisherman!! Wink Grin

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 10/31/05 at 18:29:19
Quote Print Post  
Well done, dipsnort!!!  Spoken like a true smarta@#!!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo