Normal Topic Long Lake fish-in (Read 2733 times)
Wish I had Five
Ex Member

Long Lake fish-in
09/02/05 at 22:18:35
Quote Print Post  
I screwed the pooch on this one. I didn't realize it was Labor Day weekend when I planned this and it wasn't the best weekend. People most likely had plans including myself. it seems the fish-ins are here before you know it and someone reminded me. I either need to find someone who is going who can run the show for me or be forced to move it to next weekend. It's been hard to get a hold of people cause I know they are probably still at work.

The problem is some poeple don't read the site and I don't want someone to show and we not be there. The people I called already aren't able to make it. I put myself in a bad spot here. I am leaving around 6 pm tonight and hope I can get this resolved. If you planned on going please geta hold of me at home. My number is on the roster. 

Sorry for the inconvenience...

IP Logged

Wish I had Five
Ex Member

Re: Long Lake fish-in
Reply #1 - 09/02/05 at 23:08:51
Quote Print Post  
Well I have tried for the last hour and a half to get a hold of someone going. I either couldn't reach them or was told they had other plans. Anyhow, I feel like I have no other option than to postpone the fish-in. I am not sure how much participation we would have had anyhow this weekend from the reponses I did get.

If you know anyone that planned on going could you please give them the new info. I feel terrible as it is and would hate for somone to show up. The roster I have is older and I can't pull up the most current from the site for some reason. I know there are some non member type people that show or new members that we see there and I hope the word gets out or people check the site.

Again I am very sorry for the logistical error on my part and the short notice. I feel about as low as possible and embarassed at this point.  Embarrassed

I am willing to do what I can to make this up to someone if need be.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/02/05 at 23:52:50
Quote Print Post  
H-h-h-m-m-m...Well I was going to go but iff'n you gots to postpone it then so be it.

I guess I will go over to the back seat board and see if anyone is planning to go somewhere else and has a seat for Sat.

Rich

IP Logged

Wish I had Five
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/09/05 at 04:45:53
Quote Print Post  
Since the fish-in didn't go this weekend I would like to schedule it for this weekend. I think next weekend will have people pre-fishing more then anything. The weather doesn't seem to be looking to good this weekend though. As is stands, I still will not be able to attend but want to give people the chance to still get together. I would hate to have a month without a fish-in especially on my account. I just have so much to do in so little time, but don't want my issues to affect others. I know there are people that don't fish tournaments that really look forward to these.

I am curious if there is still enough interest in a fish-in this weekend or if we should try for the following. Please let me know what you think. At this point I don't feel I have enough to make a solid decision, and this is everyones club. I am reaching out for answers to put something together this month. Been a tough month for me and it isn't over yet. If it would be easier due to gas to stay a little more central then that's fine with me. There is still Sawyer and Black Lake that we haven't seen this year.  

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/09/05 at 06:19:49
Quote Print Post  
Remeber this weekend the 10th is the Cast for Kids event at Gene Coulon Park... we usually take our boats there to get the kids out.....

Check the posting under EVENTS.

IP Logged

Wish I had Five
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/09/05 at 15:27:54
Quote Print Post  
You are absolutely right Faz. Thanks. I guess the rescheduled fish-in will be on 16th. We can keep it scheduled for Long Lake or like I mentioned above, move it closer.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/09/05 at 15:33:10
Quote Print Post  
Hey, if we made the fish-in at Tri-Cities it would give us a chance to Pre-fish the Tourney.

Come on drugs.  Start taking effect....OOhhh...AAhhh...

OH NEVER MIND.

Rich

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo