Normal Topic Valley Marine Open on Banks (Read 2482 times)
Mike_W
Ex Member

Valley Marine Open on Banks
08/10/05 at 03:21:36
Quote Print Post  
I just got back from Banks and fishing the Valley Marine open. It was a blast. A hot blast. From a long hot blasting machine.

Myself and Mr. Holmes fished together as a team. I think that we made a pretty good one.

We did not finish in the money, but damn close. We ended up with 22.6 +or- a tenth. They paid out to the real low 23's. Something like 23.2. It took 26 to win. Then second was high 24 and everything else went down by a drop of water. Five fish limit by the way

The thing that killed us was we could not find a kicker. Even one three pounder would have sent us home with $500. Most of the guys in the top ten had one or two small kicker for the ounces to beat out the rest.

Caught lots of fish in lots of areas. Most of them came off the bottom. No topwater for us. The winners said they culled all their topwater fish.

The best part of all was the money in boats. 45 teams. Lots of big names. Lots of Rangers. 80% I'd say. One guy had a fully enclosed boat trailer. Just drove the boat INTO it and shut the doors behind him. Thats when I knew that these guys were serious. Or just extremely wealthy.

I'll be back next year. We need some guys representing the West.

Mike

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Re: Valley Marine Open on Banks
Reply #1 - 08/10/05 at 05:03:28
Quote Print Post  
Nicely done fellas.  Next time you'll get 'em.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Re: Valley Marine Open on Banks
Reply #2 - 08/11/05 at 03:18:17
Quote Print Post  
good job guys just looked at there site and 13th is damn good against pretty much the biggest names around here. your right talk about a logjam at 22-23lbs.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo