Normal Topic Potholes (Read 4232 times)
Rob M.
Ex Member

Potholes
08/05/05 at 04:06:06
Quote Print Post  
Fished the Potholes Friday, Saturday evening and Sunday. The bite was on. I lost count of how many fish we had on Friday. Most were in the 3 lb range with no dinks. Not a single largemouth dink. Biggest was 4 lbs. All fish came in the dunes. Most hit a jig and pig. Had one on a Senko, crankbait and several on spinnerbaits. Water is low and sandblasting the lower unit was a must to get to some good spots. Current deep in the dunes held fish tight to structure but kept them aggressive. We pulled three fish in roughly 4-5 casts in one hole.

We got out late Saturday (3pm). Bite was tougher until late evening when the topwater bite was hot and heavy. Walk the Dog baits and poppers were the ticket.

The topwater continued early Sunday with 3 pounders. Then my friend stuck a 5-9 on a Spook. His biggest fish to date so he was excited. Went back to jigs later and had several more with a few misses. Got some cool pictures including one of the sunset. My friend got on the dam and took one of me in the boat fishing with the setting sun. It was cool. I'll try to post it. Anyhow, get out there if you can the fishing is good. Look into Lake Warden Resort to camp. $15 a night for full hookup, no extra vehicle fee.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5d625b3127cce9316c457c23f00000016109AZsWrF...

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Re: Potholes
Reply #1 - 08/05/05 at 04:29:20
Quote Print Post  
Cool picture, great report!

Aaahhhh summer - Gotta love it!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/05/05 at 15:19:32
Quote Print Post  

IP Logged

champ206
Forum Member

Reply #3 - 08/05/05 at 15:29:08
Quote Print Post  
Way cool picture

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/05/05 at 16:33:53
Quote Print Post  
Love that picture, Rob. It makes me happy just looking at it...

Great fishing, too! Thanks for the report.

Chris

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/05/05 at 17:46:45
Quote Print Post  
Good job Rob, thanks for sharing.

Like Chris says brings to mind alot of pleasant memories of good times on the water.

BillB

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/05/05 at 20:12:30
Quote Print Post  
Wow - what a day on the water.  If I ever have a day like that I'll probably do something stupid that MY WIFE will later regret like spend thousands of $$ on a bass boat or something! Grin

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/05/05 at 22:28:23
Quote Print Post  
Magazine class pictures Rob.  8) And a great report to boot.

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 08/06/05 at 01:00:36
Quote Print Post  
awesome pics. sure makes me want to go to potholes

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo