Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) FISHIN AT TANWAX (Read 16349 times)
Chris B
Ex Member

Re: FISHIN AT TANWAX
Reply #30 - 06/11/05 at 03:58:52
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Anyone from the Kent area going down and wants to being back some fruit pizza...

Are you being sarcastic lol, cause I will !

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 06/11/05 at 04:04:50
Quote Print Post  
No chance of that...... I am addicted to Fruit Pizza, and am fully capable of Hoovering up an entire tray in one sitting!!!!!!

I will be there and would love to spend Sat night. If I'd thought about it I would have asked if I could have driven down Friday after work to avoid getting up at 2am......

See ya there everyone... remember :

STEP AWAY FROM THE FRUIT PIZZA

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 06/11/05 at 04:43:06
Quote Print Post  
I will be coming down also. Me and Shannon will be staying the night. Thanks.

Mike

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 06/13/05 at 17:29:03
Quote Print Post  
The fish-in was great and those that couldn't make it really missed out. We had 8 boats or so with 16-17 anglers. Most showed up for breakfast. ParkinG wasn't as bad as expected by some.

Fishing was pretty good for most. All keeper size fish were in the 2-3 pound range. The lake fished a little tricky for some. The fish were really shallow hiding on the inside edge of lilly pads in brush and wood. Pitching plastics was the key for success reported by most. I was able to pick one of my bigger fish with a spinnerbait. Shannon Wolsky worked a bed like a Pro, sticking a Sweet beaver to a nice bedded 2 1/2 pounder. She had to tell Mike and I to shut up as we were trying to coach her. She said she knew what she was doing... Grin

I was able to edge Larry out of the big fish by a a tenth of a pound. We weighed both fish on the same scale too, so it was fair. He had a 2.9 and mine was an even 3 pounds. The weather held out for the most part with one down pour that didn't last very long.

The BBQ was excellent and Lyle did a great job on the tri-tip steak. They had a slushy machine for good "adult" drinks. Plenty of room on their property for the boats. 6 of us stayed over and told great stories around the camp fire.

Lyle and Andrea were first up preparing breakfast for the group. Rich even jumped in and made some "salmonella eggs". Eggs, sausage, rolls and English muffins rounded out the entree.

Then we ventured to Riffe for some pre-fishing. Weather was decent, but fishing was a little slow. Larry landed a 3 1/2- 4 pound smallie after I let him drag around our boat.. Grin Carlos landed a keeper and lost another at the boat. Lyle landed a Squaw fish and his nephew (I think) landed a 2 1/2 pounder. All the other fish reported were dinks. 

Overall it was a great trip with great club members as usual.

Many Thanks to the Logstons for hosting the trip!!

IP Logged

Dipsnort
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 06/13/05 at 18:08:40
Quote Print Post  
It was indeed an very good fish-in, and the Logston's hospitality was truely appreciated.

So, what's a guy have to do to get the marinade recipe for that steak, not that I got to sample much of it or anything? Wink Kiss Grin

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 06/13/05 at 19:00:05
Quote Print Post  
The fish-in was really fun.  More thanks to the Logstons for hosting the BBQ, the food was GRRRREAT !

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 06/13/05 at 19:22:07
Quote Print Post  
Yeah it was awesome, I'm sure yall know I really enjoyed the food Cheesy, but I think the story telling around the campfire was my favorite. Lot's of laughs! My stomack still hurts and that's not because I had the English style egg's either. Grin The weekend was lot's of fun! To the Logston's, your hopitality is second to none. Thank you very much! 8)

Carlos

IP Logged

champ206
Forum Member

Reply #37 - 06/13/05 at 23:02:17
Quote Print Post  
Did Lyle have his boat back?

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 06/13/05 at 23:04:40
Quote Print Post  
Yeah he had it back and fished both days this weekend. 8)

IP Logged

trackerpt175
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 06/13/05 at 23:21:47
Quote Print Post  
me and my buddy fished saturday also and caught six fish before we left at 11.  found fish with spinnerbaits early then pitching the reeds inside lillypads.  all fish like the others were between 2-3lbs.

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 06/14/05 at 02:17:27
Quote Print Post  
OK now let me tell the real story, Rob.

Me and Shannon picked the worse side of the lake. (we like a little challange) So we did not have as many fish. We run into Rob and he tells us were a bedded fish was. He OK's us to go try to catch it for Shannon. The fish was way to hidden for her to pitch to so I try it. I get it to go once but does not have the bait in it's mouth, so I decide not to set and try again.

Thats when Rob rolls up. He asks if we got it to go yet.....Yada Yada. He pulls his boat right up to mine and watches me pitch at it a time or two. I decide to put something on with a little color, to piss this thing off. After I slide on a different bait Rob wants to see what rod I was throwing. He examines the rod and gives it a shake or two. Then he pitches the biat into the bed. Now I am standing there holding his pole and watching. He kinda wedges the bait into the bush and begins shaking it. Next thing I know he is ripping a 3#er out of the water and walking away with Big fish honors!

Glad you like the rod Rob!

It was a blast. Not mad at Rob at all. It was a lot of fun to fish next to him. The whole thing was funny as heck.

Trakerman, you should have stayed for the gathering. You were more then welcome.

MIke

IP Logged

trackerpt175
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 06/14/05 at 02:55:17
Quote Print Post  
i  would have liked to stay, but i had some things to take care of so i could go to riffe on sunday

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #42 - 06/14/05 at 03:15:16
Quote Print Post  
A definite good time! Logstons should open a Bed-N-Breakfast!....or maybe look at adopting a Large child! Grin

IP Logged

Andrea L
WBC Member

Reply #43 - 06/14/05 at 05:04:46
Quote Print Post  
We had a great time hosting everyone for the BBQ and overnight after the Tanwax fishin -- it was a great time with an awesome group of WBC members.   I hope you all were as comfortable being in our home as we were with having you here. 

Dipsnort -- the "secret" marinade -- Johnny's seasoning on  trimmed Tri-Tip roasts about 3 hours before BBQ-ing.  Shhh--don't tell Lyle I told you . . .

Larry -- we'll see what we can work out  Smiley

Andrea

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #44 - 06/14/05 at 15:37:34
Quote Print Post  
Make that two large children! Tongue Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo