Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) FISHIN AT TANWAX (Read 16411 times)
M_Fields
Forum Member

Support the Troops!

FISHIN AT TANWAX
05/31/05 at 05:46:08
Quote Print Post  
Hey club members I was wondering if anyone could give me directions to the fishin? I look forward to it. It has been a long time since I have been on the water. I went to Feb. fishin and had good time. Also were is breakfest? I need some real food! My tour is almost over, I will be home on 5 Jun. really late. I am looking forward to it so bad, that I am having hard times sleeping at night. Yall keep up the fishing and take care, Marc.

"Residing in Missouri wishin I was in Washington"

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: FISHIN AT TANWAX
Reply #1 - 05/31/05 at 15:42:57
Quote Print Post  
I will try to get the info that was printed in our newsletter into the forum shortly.

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/01/05 at 02:15:41
Quote Print Post  
I was wondering about Tanwax.  Russ at the meeting was saying how bad the boat launch is.  I drive a lowered 2wd truck as some may have seen.  It pulls my boat out of Coulon (perfect launch) EASILY.  Will I get stuck at Tanwax, I'd really like to go to the fish-in.  I could always fish with someone else, but would be nice to get another boat out on the water.

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #3 - 06/01/05 at 02:25:23
Quote Print Post  
Marc,

Here's the info.
Stu

When:      Saturday, June 11, 2005
Where: Tanwax Lake  - Pierce Co.

Directions: To Shari’s on South Hill Puyallup: Take WA-167 South. Merge onto WA-512 W toward PUYALLUP/OLYMPIA. 3.3 miles. Take the exit toward SOUTH HILL/WA-161 S/EATONVILLE. 0.3 miles. Turn LEFT onto 104TH ST E/WA-161. Continue to follow WA-161. 0.5 miles. Turn LEFT onto 37TH AVE SE.
To launch (from Shari’s): Take Meridian E and follow South. Meridian Ave E turns into Hwy 161. Continue on Hwy 161 South about 16 miles to Thomas Rd E. and take a left onto it. (The sign is tough to see). Then go down to State Game Rd and take a left. There is a Public Fishing sign at State Game Rd. Follow to ramp.

The next fish-in is a little special, and I hope people take advantage of it. It will be at Tanwax Lake down by Eatonville on   June 11th. We will fish until 3:00 pm instead of 1:00 pm, and then head to the Logston’s place around the corner for a big BBQ. They are offering Tri-tip steak for the main course. Others are encouraged to bring side dishes and desserts to complete the potluck. Everyone is then welcome to stay the night on their property. There are several sleeping options, from pitching a tent, or staying in their camper or in the house.

They have really offered some hospitality towards the club and it’s members to host this event. Breakfast in the morning is also being offered for those staying over. There are several other lakes in the area to fish on Sunday for those interested, including Riffe, which is our tournament site later that month. So take advantage and get some pre-fishing also!

We’ll meet for breakfast at the Shari’s in the South Hill area  of Puyallup at 4:30 to 5:00 am. We will need to leave the  restaurant no later than 6:00 am to be at the launch at 6:30. Showing for breakfast is recommended so we can all follow each other to the lake. I hear this lake can turn out some good fish and has some great structure to fish. Again, I hope people take the opportunity to stay later for the Potluck and make somewhat of a weekend out of it. For those that can’t stay, I hope the steak is enough to keep you around for supper.

See y’all there!

Rob

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/01/05 at 03:39:20
Quote Print Post  
Hey Chris we'll get it in and out one way or another. I'll hook your boat to my truck if we have to.

IP Logged

M_Fields
Forum Member

Support the Troops!

Reply #5 - 06/01/05 at 05:21:50
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Stu for the info, see yall later. I only have four days left.

"Residing in Missouri wishin I was in Washington"

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/01/05 at 05:37:12
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Hey Chris we'll get it in and out one way or another. I'll hook your boat to my truck if we have to.

Thats what I was thinking after I posted, should not be a big deal at all.

IP Logged

trackerpt175
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/01/05 at 23:00:29
Quote Print Post  
it is not bad.  As long as your truck isnt a ground scratcher you should be fine.

IP Logged

Andrea L
WBC Member

Reply #8 - 06/02/05 at 00:21:45
Quote Print Post  
humm  . . . a lowered truck . . . kinda an oxymoron, if you need a working truck to put your boat in let me know and I'll bring one of ours over  Grin

IP Logged

champ206
Forum Member

Reply #9 - 06/02/05 at 04:59:57
Quote Print Post  
Lowered truck. I love them. Had several lowerd trucks. When I use to get in a regular 2wd of 4wd I got a nose bleed form the height.

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/02/05 at 06:31:24
Quote Print Post  
You shouldn't have any problems, the water is up and I've been hearing good things about the bite. Wink If there is a possibility  of a problem it's that there isn't a very big beach for landing you boats. Brian-

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 06/02/05 at 15:51:23
Quote Print Post  
Auburn is having a fishing derby there the same weekend. I just saw the meesage from the City of Auburn. I think they will be shorefishing though. They may snag some parking, but we should be there earlier than them.

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #12 - 06/03/05 at 05:01:15
Quote Print Post  
Hey, guys. Since this is kind of a family-oriented fish-in, I'd like to bring my 9 year-old son to go out on a real bass boat. He's really well behaved and he will actually fish. He loves to cast and he's pretty good for a kid with a spincast set.

Is there anyone who'd be OK with taking us both out for 3-4 hours?  I'm guessing that will be all he is able to do with getting up so early in the morning. We have a little 10' boat that I take him out on, but I think he would be really jazzed to go on the real thing.

Just wanted to put this out there so no one is caught off guard and hopefully someone will OK with us both on the boat.

Thanks,
Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 06/03/05 at 06:08:57
Quote Print Post  
I would be ok with that stu.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 06/03/05 at 19:48:43
Quote Print Post  
ROB,

Jump on the parking early because there is not much there in the way of parking.
Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo