Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) May 15th - Potholes (Read 7874 times)
gotfive
Ex Member

May 15th - Potholes
05/09/05 at 16:51:34
Quote Print Post  
Good fishing on Sunday.  Smallies and Largemouth on the bite on a variety of baits.  Caught them on everything you can imagine.  To be completely honest, honors went to my daughter who caught and released fish from the back of the boat 8)!!  Biggest was a LM 5lb 14oz.  Nice fish.  Couple of smallies in the 4lb class as well.  Water temps just right, and should be a hoot.  Saw Wolsky there, sleeping in a bit on Sunday.  Thought about banging on his canopy, but recalled that sometimes he is packing.  Not wanting to ruin my day, I left him alone.  Nice new rig he has with that 300 yamie on the back.  It flies Grin.  See you all there.
KH

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Re: May 15th - Potholes
Reply #1 - 05/10/05 at 01:32:14
Quote Print Post  
The boat also doubles as a high speed shower!

On my way in on Sunday I had the speedo pegged and I guess it had too much pressure. The hose ended up busting off the back of the guage and spraying water all over me and under the console. I could not figure out what the heck was going on. So I just kept on driving and asked Kirk what the deal was. Pretty dang funny. I thought it was moisture build up like the jets get when they come out of mach.

I was soaked anyhow.

Mike

And the fish are not biting on just about anything. I have a whole list of things that I could not get any to hit. Thanks for the help Kirk.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/11/05 at 15:29:24
Quote Print Post  
Mike, Keep this repair handy for those really hot days, and that speedo water line works great as an air conditioning system.  It really does Shocked

kh

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/11/05 at 17:43:30
Quote Print Post  
As long as it doesn't rip your clothes off while your running and leave you in your pink thonge.....

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/12/05 at 03:22:01
Quote Print Post  
The hose is too short to reach anything from under the dash though. I just took the front panel off tonite to see what is going on in there. The hose is really tough to get over the male tip deal. could not get it to stretch over the collar. It looks like the factory could not either. It appears they could only get it on half way and then threw a zip tie on there to hold it. Well it didn't. I am about to go out and try heating it up a second and slipping it on real quick. If that does not work then I don't know what I will do. It looks like one of the other fittings is heated on.

I'll keep you posted.

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/13/05 at 13:46:49
Quote Print Post  
This is a very common occurance on all boat brands.  What good is a speedo anyway? ???  They are not accurate by any strech of imagination.Undecided   
Pinch the hose off, rely on your GPS if you must know how fast you are going, remove the speedo gage from the dash, save a little bit of money, and purchase a Lowranace 1440 flasher for  intallation in the speedo hole. Cheesy  Now you have a flasher that you can watch for sudden bottom changes at those high speeds you were running at, but never knew exactly how fast. Smiley  On top of that, you have a backup water temp indicator built in to the face of the flasher. Cheesy

Smitty
Wink

Nanner Nanner

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/13/05 at 21:11:20
Quote Print Post  
WOLSKY,

You should have bought a Pro Craft Wink Wink
Russ

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/13/05 at 22:44:14
Quote Print Post  
Yeah then the whole would have just fell apart referring back to your post on insurance...Wrong answer Baker... Grin

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/14/05 at 02:21:32
Quote Print Post  
Is Bass Pro Shops still building Pro Crafts with all the care and durability they put into Nitro and Tracker boats? The cardboard transoms, cheesy seats and PlaySkool electrical system?  Undecided Just asking......
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 05/14/05 at 19:01:20
Quote Print Post  
Steve,

Yes they take great care in their transoms and electrical. They just don't put cheesy jack plates that aren't made for that boat and weren't designed right from the get go. Wink
Russ

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 05/16/05 at 02:37:08
Quote Print Post  
When you pull the bolts out and water runs out, it's a clue that the boat is a POS. Buy a boat with no wood! In my Nitro, the two layers of plywood were not even bonded together, much less wrapped in fiberglass, really chintzy. They never heard of the concept of a wiring harness. Inline fuses all over the boat are a bad joke.
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 05/16/05 at 04:23:04
Quote Print Post  
Just got back from Potholes and you will not be dissapointed.......between me and Bill B. we got no less than 150 fish in three days with at least 70 of those being keepers..........unfortunately you will have to wait till next Sunday afternoon to find out where we fished!

he he he he he.....

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #12 - 05/16/05 at 04:46:50
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

What did your biggest fish weigh?

Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 05/16/05 at 23:53:22
Quote Print Post  
A flasher will not do me a lot of good at 80 mph. By the time that thing flashes 1 foot or less I would have sliced the lower unit off and probably grenaded the transom. I guess I could have said " I should have seen it coming".

I think I am going to call Stratos and see if they have one that goes higher. I got the hose put on it, and it worked for awhile. Then It buried itself at 80 and finally flipped over to 15 and never worked again. Why do they put such a small speedo on a boat they say goes mid 80's?

Great seeing everyone out at the dunes. That is what it is all about. Kicking back on a dune with the guys and BSing about the morning. I always look forward to this time of year. This will be a great tourny.

Mike

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 05/17/05 at 01:21:17
Quote Print Post  
I wish I could have met up with you guys. I was confused if the "Big Dune" was the one marked as such on the hotspot map, or the "V" which is called the peninsula. I was all confused. There is a little duna marked as "big Dune" on the map.. Which one were you referring too?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo