Normal Topic The Bass are Stirring on the Penninsula (Read 2963 times)
SMITTY
Ex Member

The Bass are Stirring on the Penninsula
05/02/05 at 13:59:47
Quote Print Post  
Champ 206 & I headed over to the Shelton area on saturday to fish a few lakes.  We started out on isabella at day light on a tea stained lake with water temps averaging 58*.  The morning was pretty uneventfull, however 206 nailed one nice male LMB at about 2 lbs. Cheesy
We trailerd up after 3-4 hours and headed to Newhatzel.  This lake while crystal clear and in the process of being assualted by trout anglers (opening day of slimer season), turned out to be a little warmer.  almost immediately we started seeing small males up very shallow and crusing.  for the most part they were quite skittish.  I soon managed to start catching them by making long casts with a MoJo rigged hand poured plastic leech.  Let the onslaught begin! Grin  Champ, tiring of this method, found that a Texas-rigged plastic trickworm fished as a jerkbait was the ultimate enticer and we spent over two hours catching and releasing these fiesty little buggers. Grin  While none of these guys went over 2 lbs, I'm confident that another day or so of warm weather will bring up the larger fish and get the females stirred up. It turned out to be a really fun day.
Perhaps next weekend....... Roll Eyes

Smitty

Nanner Nanner
« Last Edit: 05/02/05 at 17:49:34 by »  

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Re: The Bass are Stirring on the Penninsula
Reply #1 - 05/02/05 at 16:11:02
Quote Print Post  
Sounds like a great time, Smitty. I would like to hit a couple of lakes out that a-way very soon!

Chris

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/02/05 at 19:04:00
Quote Print Post  
Spencer was good last year at this time. We were there early May for a fish-in.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/03/05 at 02:31:52
Quote Print Post  
Great to hear from the "Terrible Two"!

Did you have to break the crust off of John? Tongue

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo