Normal Topic Potholes Re-Visited (Read 4304 times)
EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Potholes Re-Visited
03/30/05 at 03:59:10
Quote Print Post  
Kirk reported that the basses are biting.  Out last Friday, three basses caught and water temps around 51.  Water is up, he said. 

R

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Potholes Re-Visited
Reply #1 - 03/30/05 at 04:02:02
Quote Print Post  
Ron,

Cool Grin, Should be another good Potholes Open. My guess for winning weight 36lbs. Lets get em.
RB

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/30/05 at 05:02:04
Quote Print Post  
But Russ....I am confused........if the winning weight is gonna be 36 pounds........where will your 12.6 be???

he he he he Grin

MAKE IT 38 BIG GUY!

Grin

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/30/05 at 22:06:01
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

I was going to say 40 but that might be a little steep, but haven't seen this since the 44lb two day stringer back in '93.
Russ

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/03/05 at 19:38:48
Quote Print Post  
Russ, If you remember correctly, the winning weight was approx 45 two years ago.
Mark

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/03/05 at 22:25:47
Quote Print Post  
Mark,

Totally forgot that the weight two years ago was that high. I thought it was around 38lb.
Russ

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Potholes April 8th
Reply #6 - 04/10/05 at 03:18:06
Quote Print Post  
Boys,

The bite is on. Grin Cheesy Caught about 15lb of smallies on friday and 15-17 lbs of a mixed bag on saturday. Two bigest fish over 5, largies are hard to find but catchable. Water temps 50-53 %. Caught my best fish on hard baits and one on a beaver.

Lets pray for 65-70 otherwise the open is going to be tough.

Good Luck To All,

Russ

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/12/05 at 23:23:13
Quote Print Post  
It looks as though it's going to be a ruff tournament. Suppose to snow in th next couple of days. It's looks as though it's going to be about the smallies. Good luck to all who are fishing the tournament.

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 04/23/05 at 02:11:57
Quote Print Post  
April 20-21, Potholes was still around 53F in most areas, up to 57F in secluded shallows. It is getting warm in the daytime over there, so it should be warming quickly and the fishing should really be getting good in the next two weeks.  

Apparently there was a cold snap? Why didn't they tell me? Actually, there was a tipoff. I went straight to Moses Lake to go to Tri-State and Safeway, and noticed a giant tumbleweed (about the size of a Geo Metro) blowing down the Westbound lanes of I-90. An East wind is not good...cold. I would guess this swirls down from the Arctic.

As it was, fishing was fine, catching wasn't. Everybody reported poor results, not just me. I did touch a few fish, but I decided to head home before the weekend. 

FYI, I got all the electrical stuff working...both DF's, horn,  etc. Everything 'cept the stern light, which I didn't need. Got over there, and the bow DF quit again,  right away. Probably transducer this time, and it's a new one.  Boats....gotta love 'em!
C&R, Steve

« Last Edit: 04/24/05 at 23:43:48 by »  

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo