Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Free bass fishing clinic (Read 6880 times)
Sarge
Ex Member

Free bass fishing clinic
03/08/05 at 15:53:02
Quote Print Post  
Howdy club,

I saw this in the paper today. There is a free bass clinic up north in a few days:

Angler's Choice and Northend Bassmasters Club are hosting a free bass-fishing clinic from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. March 13 at Angler's Choice, 20222 Ballinger Way N.E., in Shoreline. The clinic will cover when and where to fish, types of gear and best fishing techniques. Details: 206-364-9827

That's all I know about it, but thought I would pass on the info for anyone interested.

Chris

IP Logged

BassingWoman
Ex Member

Re: Free bass fishing clinic
Reply #1 - 03/08/05 at 20:26:34
Quote Print Post  
Smiley   Chris,
I am not in that area but I thank you for posting this info! It's a great oppertunity to learn from!

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #2 - 03/10/05 at 14:28:26
Quote Print Post  
Hey Chris,
  I was in OUTDOOR EMPORIUM the other day on 4th South near Qwest Field.  They are also advertising a free BASS clinic.  (I think it is this Saturday)  FREE FOOD, serious discounts, and it sounded like a few good speakers.  The new store location has opened up their bass gear isles alot.  FYI

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/10/05 at 16:06:12
Quote Print Post  
Sarge,

You might want to go to that clinic and get a few pointers and learn how to fish. Couldn't resist Wink Wink
RB

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/10/05 at 16:47:32
Quote Print Post  
Russ,

I was invited to speak there. You should come and listen  Grin

Chris

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/10/05 at 16:54:10
Quote Print Post  
Nicely done Chris...

Rich..where's the play by play?

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/10/05 at 17:51:05
Quote Print Post  
O.K.  Here goes...

We were fishing the shoreline most of the morning.  Mostly the northwest area above the ramp.  Doing the usual, pitchin', spinner baits, grubs and worms.  Nothing.  Then I decided to go over to the canal that winds out to the Northeast toward Streeter's.  The water was only about 1-2 feet deep and there weren't very many pads, etc.  So I figured since it wasn't very deep I would try some fan casting.  I picked up a spinning rod, 8# line and had a weightless zoom brush hog, black with blue metal flake and a RED 4/0 Gamy hook on it.  I started fishing it with short hops.  It was staying pretty close to the top.

In the second small "cove" I threw it into the bank and was just starting to hop/swim it back and I see this wake coming from about 3 feet away.  I actually thought it was probably a carp.  Anyway, it suddenly busts my hog and the fight was on.  When I saw that mouth come out of the water my nether regions got significantly tighter.  I started thinking about when I last retied, how big of hook I was using and if I got a good hookset.  My brother, who hadn't seen the fish coming, heard the splash and turned around and said "What the hell was that?"

I said I didn't know but I got it on and it is BIG.  She tried to get into the sparse weeds but then came out and made a few runs around the boat.  By then Ray was ready with the net.  BTW, my wife got me one of those rubberized nets for Xmas and this was the first fish it was used on.  It was almost too small. The net I mean.  Anyway, Ray neatly netted the fish and we spent a couple seconds, O.K. about 5 minutes high fiving.  And the rest is history.

Rich

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/10/05 at 21:56:04
Quote Print Post  
So Chris you were going to talk about how I catch all my fish. Good man I think I will pass since I have done those talks a few times myself Wink Wink
RB

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 03/11/05 at 00:45:18
Quote Print Post  
I just called Angler's Marine and they said it was first come first served as far as seating was concerned for the seminar.  They won't open the doors before 10 and they will have room for about 40 people.  So get there early.

Rich

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 03/11/05 at 01:05:41
Quote Print Post  
Hey Rich, Connie said that you should be figuring out where you want to hang the BIG FISH Trophy, but I told her that you'll have to wait, as myself and afew others are still gunning for it......... Roll Eyes   Wink
Brian (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 03/11/05 at 02:41:41
Quote Print Post  
The Outdoor Emporium Bass Clinic is March 19th, from 11am to 3pm. I called yesterday to ask about reservations or sign-up list, and they said not to worry, plenty of room. We'll see. The guy ran off a list of names of hotshots that will be giving yaks, but I didn't recognize any names. Then, the dude sez he is trying to get some locals, too. The implication is that the ones already onboard are really 'somebody'? Anyway, there should be some fresh jokes, or donuts. I'm a goin'.
C&R, Steve

PS: Be VERY aware that OE has moved from the old place up by Mercer exit off I-5. They are now on the west shore of 4th Ave. So., right near the Kingdome. Uh, you know, 10 years behind the times.

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 03/11/05 at 04:24:13
Quote Print Post  
Outdoor Emporium Speakers

Chris Rohr- Jigging plastics
Keith Brooks- Senko & Plastic Techniques
Mike May- Drop Shot Techniques & Rigs
Dave Bruggman- Crank & Spinnerbaits

All from WA Bass Association

I'll probably go, I want to check out the new store.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 03/11/05 at 05:09:23
Quote Print Post  
I like the way that LADY thinks and I REALLY like her "snicker-doodles" Grin Shocked

Rich

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 03/11/05 at 06:35:25
Quote Print Post  
Rich.....A clinic at Angler's Marine also? That's 3 Bass Clinics? Or did you mean Angler's Choice? Too many Snickerdoodles for you, young man!
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 03/14/05 at 02:16:59
Quote Print Post  
I meant Angler's Choice.  Sorry about that.  I knew I should have had milk with those snicker-doodles.

Anyway, I did go to the seminar today.  It was pretty good.  They had a bunch of the local guys from Northwest Bass Club, I think,  give presentations on different techniques.  It was pretty good for the novice and I (pre-novice that I am) even picked up a few pointers.  And also picked up a few door prizes, including the grand prize which was an Eagle Claw spinning rod and Eagle Claw spinning reel.  Not a G-Loomis but better then a stick with a string tied to it.  Although I hear that Russ does pretty good with one.  Is that right Senkbow?

Rich

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo