Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) March Fish-in (Read 30612 times)
marktfd88
Ex Member

Re: March Fish-in
Reply #75 - 03/06/05 at 16:25:32
Quote Print Post  
So for those of you that couldn't make it, here a little summary of the day.  I did actually make it to the fish and fished with Stu, the Hefty Hefter slayer..... LOL  So I managed 3 fish for 10lb 3oz topped with a 5.1 .... But I already knew that it would not be big fish,  Ran into Weedwalker and Danny G and find out Dan had a 6.0 in the boat and Brian had a 4lb.  Watched Larry S dump a 3lb at the boat trying swing it in like the pro's do....What a sight to see.... So how's that working out for you Larry.  Get by the ramp and Stu and I see Rich headed down to the cemetary hole.  He was getulating in all sorts of crazy ways.  Waving arms, fingers hips, toes....  We continued on to the ramp and chalked that up to it just being Rich...... Shocked Shocked Grin
  Some yelled out to me how I did and I gave my usual "ok" with a 5 lber.  They yelled back "did you see Rich's fish"  8LBS 4OZ. Shocked Shocked  That's right 8lbs 4ozs.  Wow, made my 5lb.1 look like a guppy.
  Lot's of fun for everyone and a great turn out.  Welcome aboard all you new anglers

Tight lines everyone

Mark

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #76 - 03/06/05 at 18:35:13
Quote Print Post  
I hope Rich was buckled in, I could see that fish pulling him in!

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #77 - 03/06/05 at 20:28:15
Quote Print Post  
Hey Doug,  I didn't need to be buckled in.  There was so much suction between the seat and my.. er..uh.. puckered sitting part that I almost had to be pried off the seat after seeing that mouth come out of the water.  Oh yeah I got it on a "buzzbait" in 30 feet of water. HAHA.

That was a terriffic turnout for a "fish-in".  Probably the biggest in a couple years, that I know of.  At least 25 people.  Good job Rob.  Great "dogs and chili". deviled eggs and of course the TERRIFFIC" snickerdoodles from Mrs. Weedwalker!

I hope someone puts a report out for the ones that stayed and went back out.  There were some real cute Kiss fish caught in the morning so must have been some "pigs" caught in the afternoon.  Wished I could have stayed but my brother needed to get on the road.  Besides they say to "Quit while you are ahead"

Rich

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #78 - 03/06/05 at 20:47:13
Quote Print Post  
Hey Rich, NICE BASS!!!! Shocked Shocked I looked at the picture again when I got home and it was just awesome!! Also a congrates to Danny G. on his 6lber!! Shocked (His biggest so far!)  As for the afternoon bite, I manged to hook a 5.4, and BW hooked a nice 3.4 on a jig, "first jig fish Grin". I heared of a couple 2's & 3's, but it looked like most of the damage was done in the morning. Wink   Brian (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

dgarrett
Ex Member

Reply #79 - 03/06/05 at 21:40:24
Quote Print Post  
Many Thanks Brian for a great morning of fishing. I never knew dropshotting could be so effective for big largemouth Grin Catching my biggest fish in the great state of Washington was a treat, and Rich's monster....well, I'm speechless. Rob, thanks for organizing another great fishin.

Tight Lines,
Danny

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #80 - 03/06/05 at 21:57:40
Quote Print Post  
Angry My boat wouldn't start the night before.    Nice to know that you guys pulled some hogs out of there.

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #81 - 03/06/05 at 23:11:40
Quote Print Post  
Rich, Congrats on the pig. A fish of a lifetime. Hope ya got some good pics. Put one on the website.
Mark

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #82 - 03/07/05 at 00:09:26
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Mark.  I am pretty sure it was my HAWG of a lifetime.  It is funny the things that go thru your mind when you see something like that on the line.  How long ago did I rety?  Which hook am I using?  Which pole with what line?  But that goes away pretty fast and is replaced with "Just get it in the %$#@ net."

Yes I got a few pictures but a bunch of the others got some pictures also.  So I hope they send me a digital or get me a copy of theirs.  Either way I think my signature picture here on the board will change here pretty quick.
My email is

rnl711@comcast.net

Rich

IP Logged

Chris B
Ex Member

Reply #83 - 03/07/05 at 00:23:06
Quote Print Post  
I have 4 pics of it Rich, high and low resolutiion.  I'm having trouble uploading them, but when I figure it out I will send them to you.  Thats the biggest bass I ever seen  Shocked.

IP Logged

BassingWoman
Ex Member

Reply #84 - 03/07/05 at 00:39:51
Quote Print Post  
Grin  CONGRATS TO ALL THAT CAUGHT FISH YESTERDAY - AND SPECIAL 'CONGRATS' TO RICH - I 'M SO GLAD YOU GOT THE 8.4 POUNDER - GREAT FOR YOU - NOW I WANT TO SEE YOU GET A #10 POUNDER  - OK?? !!!

What a great day it WAS - I look forward to many more with everyone!

BIG THANK YOU'S TO LARRY S. AND WEEDWALKER - LETTING ME FISH WITH YOU BOTH WAS AWESOME AND AN HONOR!

IP Logged

TeamEagle
Ex Member

Reply #85 - 03/07/05 at 17:09:22
Quote Print Post  
The fish in was allot of fun, nice fish Rich! Thanks to all who made it possible. This was my first fish-in and I had a blast! Great group of guy's. I look forward to getting back on the water. What was the report on the afternoon bite I had to go. Any nice fish?

Carlos

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #86 - 03/09/05 at 06:31:39
Quote Print Post  
PowerWorm (Chris B.) sent me the pics he had of Rich with his MONSTER BASS caught March 5, 2005 at the Silver Lake Fish-In. I cropped them down some, and posted them on another website, linked to them, and here you go. WAY TO GO, RICH!
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #87 - 03/09/05 at 17:31:36
Quote Print Post  
My God what a big mouth!  and the fish has one too!!  Shocked

Congrats Rich.  Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.  Cheesy

IP Logged

JohnKTKim
Ex Member

Reply #88 - 03/09/05 at 18:11:39
Quote Print Post  
Nice FISH Rich !

from now on you'd be calling 2lb-ers dinks
Smiley

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #89 - 03/09/05 at 18:26:44
Quote Print Post  
Hey Glenn, I resemble that remark.

And no KT, they aren't dinks but they are CUTE little fellers. Roll Eyes

Rich

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo