Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Feb 5th Fish-in... (Read 19895 times)
Weedwalker
Ex Member

Re: Feb 5th Fish-in...
Reply #45 - 02/08/05 at 03:23:36
Quote Print Post  
Hey Keith, Tipically I don't bother with Black lake until the water temp is over 50*,  But with this warming trend we've had l'd start looking on the N. end of the lake around some of the deeper pilings.  I'd throw ether a 3/8 football head with a 5' 176 yamoto grub, or a green pumpkin tube with a 3/8 insert. hope this helps, Brian (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

BassingWoman
Ex Member

Reply #46 - 02/08/05 at 08:10:46
Quote Print Post  
I don't know what a 'bolt-bait' is......and where can one get these? Sorry........for the questions.......from a newbie that don't know much.
     Thank you.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #47 - 02/08/05 at 13:19:36
Quote Print Post  
I believe it is actually a "Bolt Grub" that is made by Sniper Lures and can be bought at Auburn Sports and Marine or other fine establishments....basically....they pour liquid plastic into a bolt mold...thustly a "Bolt Grub"
kinda cool bait though.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #48 - 02/08/05 at 15:24:59
Quote Print Post  
Larry,
  CORRECTION! It was a home made "bolt grub" that was engineered by Jarrell/Rumman lure co.  Get it right! Grin

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #49 - 02/08/05 at 17:21:18
Quote Print Post  
I hate to burst the bubble, but Larry was right. I do have several fine bolts from the Jarrell/Rumman Lure Co, but this was a Sniper brand bolt. Sorry guys. it was the first dropshot bait I saw when I looked for one.

Brenda- they are more like a ribbed worm than a grub. Just picture a threaded bolt made of plastic with a flat bottom.  
« Last Edit: 02/08/05 at 18:47:22 by »  

IP Logged

keith h
Ex Member

Reply #50 - 02/08/05 at 17:39:05
Quote Print Post  
thanks for the info weedwalker. i ended up going alone and did get one smallmouth about 1lb on a small green tube. cant wait till it gets warmer to see what the lakes out here have to offer. if there is any other lakes near lacey that would be worth checking out i'd really like to hear about them. thanks agian. keith

IP Logged

ylfylf
Ex Member

Reply #51 - 02/08/05 at 19:02:49
Quote Print Post  
Keith,
This is Jerrie, a new member popping in on the conversation for a moment (I'm studying~), but-
have you been to Lake Pattison?  It doesn't open until late April, but it is near Lacey, not hard to get to, and fantastic Bass as well as all around fishing.
I got 'ribbed' real good for a long verbal explanation of how to get there, on the board here! He he Roll Eyes.  Don't know if you can plug a LAKE into a Search Engine.  Anyway, you may know already, or ask just about anyone, on here, or in Lacey. They'll tell you ifin' you don't know!  Good news on your catch in Black Lake, and welcome aboard!
Happy fishin' to you.
Jerrie
(ylfylf)

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #52 - 02/08/05 at 19:38:39
Quote Print Post  
St. Claire is another good lake in that area.

IP Logged

keith h
Ex Member

Reply #53 - 02/08/05 at 22:28:30
Quote Print Post  
thanks jerry for the info i sure will check it out when it opens.   

and rob i've been to st clair just havent been able to get any bites last time i was there i spotted a lot of fish on the depth finder  in 30-35' but no hits any ideas on where and what to use? last november my brother and i were getting tiny bass on mini jigs but thats it  oh and one 1/2 lber trout.  im taking my nephew to spananwa lake today when he gets outta school i know trout are there know fo any good places to try for bass near the boat launch.   as you all can see i try to fish atleast 2-4 times a week lol     thanks again. keith

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #54 - 02/09/05 at 14:14:18
Quote Print Post  
Hey Rob,
  FYI, I was just tryin' to PLUG the Jarrell/Rumman Bait Co.  Don't have to be sooooooo literal! Grin

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #55 - 02/10/05 at 03:22:37
Quote Print Post  
Sniper baits can also be found at Anglers Marine, (If it's closer) As good the bolt is don't forget about the snub. (It's slightly thinner brother)  Grin If you get a chance to obtain some of the baits that Ruman and Jerrel pour, don't pass up the opportunity, I had the chance to use some over on roosivelt and was very pleased. Brian (The Weedwalker) Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo