Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Lake Washington - Rev Rig Day! (Read 12751 times)
Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Re: Lake Washington - Rev Rig Day!
Reply #15 - 12/17/04 at 21:47:34
Quote Print Post  
I always fizz after eating Mexican food!   Grin

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 12/17/04 at 22:43:41
Quote Print Post  
They say that can happen to fish being pulled up from 30ft, so I would assume it would happen more often from deeper water.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 12/18/04 at 15:32:01
Quote Print Post  
As to fizzing the fish, I rev rigged all of last winter and caught 30+ fish and didn't have one with an air bladder problem I could tell.  I made sure to take my time reeling the fish in, and quickly released the fish and all of them went back down quickly .  I feel fizzing the fish had more to do with if you are going to put the fish in the livewell for  weighing it later. 

Mark

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 12/21/04 at 03:01:57
Quote Print Post  
I have watched time and time again on my electronics as the bass caught in 60 feet of water went all the way back down to the bottom after being released.  The trick is to get them up fast, and back into the water ASAP.  The camera should be ready for a quick picture, as well as the scale to weigh them.  Boom... back into the water!  I've never seen one return to the surface and die.

The perch are a different story!  You're right - their airbladders are coming out of their throats some times.  Most still make it back down, whereas the eagles and gulls dine on the unfortunates.

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 12/24/04 at 21:52:09
Quote Print Post  
The lake does seem to be producing big fish this winter.  I have cought five Smallmouth since Oct  that weighed from 4.7 to 4.9 plus many fish in the 3 pound size.
Cought a 4.8 today just east of Mercer Island. Saw Brian Walker out there, anybody else brave the cold ?

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 12/27/04 at 16:38:30
Quote Print Post  
I went out on the 21st and tried Rev-rigging for the first time. I have to say I was pretty impressed. It boated me and my Dad several nice perch and got him a decent smallie. All the perch had bellies out the throat from 60ft. I poked hole in it with a hook and they went down fine. The smallie came in 47ft and had no problems.

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 12/27/04 at 19:02:00
Quote Print Post  
Nobody going after largies eh. No one wants to catch the elusive Largemouth. Well I can see why. When you could be catching 6+ pound smallies rev rigging out in washington. Especially when I think I've gone out about 6 times for largemouth this month and only have 3 to show for it. I guess I should be happy that they came on the same day. Good luck to all you out fishing still. See ya all onm the water.

IP Logged

Hawkeye
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 12/28/04 at 04:43:46
Quote Print Post  
Rev,
What size Rapala Jointed Minnow do you recommend for the infamous "Rev Rig". I see Bass Pro carries these in several different sizes.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 01/03/05 at 17:06:11
Quote Print Post  
Worked again on Sunday (rev-rig). 3 smallies and several nice perch. Good weather, but a little chilly in the morning. Oh and it really sucks when you go to get your truck at the launch, and it won't start. Looks like fuel pump. Luckily an Auburn Tow company likes their local law enforncement and cut me a great fee to tow it back to my house.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 01/03/05 at 18:52:14
Quote Print Post  
Hhmmm...the percs of carrying a gun? Shocked

Rich

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 01/03/05 at 20:28:55
Quote Print Post  
Actually its because we give them a lot of business when we impound bad guys' cars.......

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #26 - 01/03/05 at 20:41:51
Quote Print Post  
Sucks about the fuel pump, but I'm glad it turned out ok.

So.... were you out fishing by yourself?

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 01/03/05 at 21:15:18
Quote Print Post  
No I was with a buddy that is stationed on Whidbey Island. I got him convinced it would be worth his drive. My old man saved the day by coming down and getting the boat. But on a good WBC note...another member (Ron Hankinson) was right there and offered assistance. Pays off to have a network of friends through the club.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 01/06/05 at 00:16:16
Quote Print Post  
Well took out the new camera out on Lake Washington,  very interesting stuff down on the bottom the lake.  Alot of the rev rig area's that I fished has some really interesting stuff down there.  From absolute barren bottom to piles of trees, stumps, metal girders, cement blocks the size of buses, rocks, etc....  Was able to locate 6 smallies on the camera.  Very cool.... and did put one in the boat.   Thank you Bill B for being patient with me while I played with my new toy.

Mark

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo