Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Silver Lake is hot! (Read 10651 times)
EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Re: Silver Lake is hot!
Reply #15 - 12/15/04 at 03:58:18
Quote Print Post  
Guys (and Gals),
  FYI,  we used to make Silver Lake a fish-in destination every year.  Don't know what happened, but I always enjoyed it.  Long drive, but what other lake can you fish in the dead of winter, under docks and brush and actually have a chance of catchin' sumthang!  If the weekend works, I'm in!  As I recolect, the Silver Lake fishins of years past, were quit popular.

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #16 - 12/15/04 at 04:00:46
Quote Print Post  
Sorry 'bout the spelling folks, been on this laptop all day sending emails and reports where spelling grammar and punctuation matter.  I hope I'm not offending anyone Grin Grin

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 12/15/04 at 16:32:56
Quote Print Post  
Hey,  Daryl says that the "Silver Lake open" is in March 19.  Maybe we could include this as our "road trip/freeze-in" for March.

I am not sure how you get into the Silver Lake open but since we would maybe be down there anyway maybe we couldmake it pay.

Rich

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 12/15/04 at 16:45:45
Quote Print Post  
I really want to keep the fish-ins seperate from any other function. They are to help new members get a feel for the club, and for current members to have fun. The open has like a $100 entry fee I think, but thats besides the point. With info I have obtained from past members that ran this program, I will keep fish-ins seperate. If it is gonna interfere with the Open, then I will move it to February.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 12/15/04 at 17:20:17
Quote Print Post  
I understand that.  I was just thinking if we weren't going to make a fish-in at Silver then some of us might want to form up and go to the Open.  I would be interested.

Rich

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #20 - 12/15/04 at 17:31:41
Quote Print Post  
We had Silver lake as a fish-in desitination maybe 2 or 3 times, but ultimately dropped it due to lack of participation.

I, for one, will not be driving 3+ hours for a fish-in.  If I'm going to go that far, I'd rather go to Potholes.

Just my .02

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 12/15/04 at 18:38:26
Quote Print Post  
Hey Daryl my IM won't go through to you! I'm interested in the Silver Lake Open so could you please Instant Message me or give me a  call at (425)-241-5126. I've also heard that in Febuary Silver one of your best bets for a bass of your life.

Thanks,
Nick

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 12/15/04 at 20:08:13
Quote Print Post  
Well don't look at it as just a "fish-in."  You can spend a good part of the day on a great lake with a chance to catch a pig. The only time you miss on the water is for lunch, and you don't have to eat. Just show us your big fish if you got one and get back out there. It's also a good time to chit-chat with our other great members.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #23 - 12/16/04 at 02:10:13
Quote Print Post  
Rob,
  As opinions vary, so do the thoughts and reasons for an early spring trip to Silver sanctioned by the club.  First of all, I remember participation being good at the Silver Fish-ins.  Secondly, alot of the new members we acquire from the sportsman show, etc. have never seen Silver Lake, yet our first tournament of the year, the opener, and normally a nervous time for new members.  An opportunity for a new member to see the lake, spend time at a fish-in and meet a couple fish-in regulars might just do some good.  We don't all make every fish-in but I thought they we're for the new members, not the old anyway.  "MY 2"

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 12/16/04 at 16:20:09
Quote Print Post  
I agree. They are primarily for the new members, but we need the old ones there for the new ones to meet. I want the new ones to see good participation from all the members or what are we showing them?? We always post that this is the best club with great people, but how does it look when we have 3 people show for a fish-in? It still is a WBC function and should be utilized. A little sacrifice for the benefit of the club and members is all we can ask.

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 12/17/04 at 05:32:05
Quote Print Post  
Hey Rob, count me in, I'm all about sacrifice- just look at my last boat! I had the opportuity to do some early march fishing this year and put two fish in the boat over 6lbs. (good fighters)
                         Brian (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 12/17/04 at 15:38:03
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Brian

IP Logged

topjimmy
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 12/23/04 at 21:27:52
Quote Print Post  
am i the only one who thinks 300 fish is a little excessive?

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 12/24/04 at 01:27:23
Quote Print Post  
Hey Jim,

Ya, 300 sounds a little excessive. Since I just love math, let's say with these short days in winter, you fish 8 hours...

8 hours * 60 minutes/hour = 480 minutes of fishing

480 minutes / 300 fish = 1 fish every 1.6 minutes

That is quite the catch rate. Yes, I am a geek.

But hey, we are all fishermen here, and the point is... there are a lot of fish to catch!!!  Grin

Chris

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 12/24/04 at 06:48:49
Quote Print Post  
300 fish per boat w/ three people in it.  It's just a panfish fest.  All catch and release.  Lately the perch and blue gill have slowed but the crappie and still pretty hot and heavy.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo