Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Silver Lake is hot! (Read 10660 times)
Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Silver Lake is hot!
12/09/04 at 05:47:22
Quote Print Post  
Hey you meat fisherman, I have it on pretty good authority that Silver Lake is producing 300 crappie, blue gill and perch a day.  Apparently it's not a "dink-fest" either.  Sounds like a good way to keep the chill off winter fishing.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Silver Lake is hot!
Reply #1 - 12/09/04 at 06:22:58
Quote Print Post  
Wait a minute....Rich Loth just was there last week and he caught no bass.......so you would think he would have been like always and caught everything BUT Bass!

With these findings I can only conclude that............Rich cannot catch FISH!!!

SLEEP SAFELY LITTLE FISHIES!! Kiss

IP Logged

pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/09/04 at 14:12:00
Quote Print Post  
Down goes Loth with a straight right to the midsection from Sullivan!

1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10    He's out!

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 12/09/04 at 14:47:40
Quote Print Post  
Swung on and belted!  Deep to right field!

It's going.... going.... gone!

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/09/04 at 15:22:18
Quote Print Post  
I have it on GOOD authority that it was NOT hot when we were there.  Fish or weather.  The water was warmer then the air.  The fog was s-o-o-o-o thick you didn't dare get on plane.  And for me that ain't really fast. HEHE.  In fact it was so foggy that we didn't even see very many fish on the depth finder.

And iffin' some of you "good buddies" hadn't talked me into some "expensive" rods and reels I wouldn't have been so worried about casting and not hanging onto the rod with frozen hands.  In fact, my thumbs were so cold that I was really thinking about fishing like Larry.  With my thumbs where the sun don't shine. Shocked

Butt, I wouldn't mind going back to Silver for a freeze in.  Except this time I will ride with someone else so I can keep my hands in my pockets to keep them warm (and occupied).

Rich

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/09/04 at 15:31:18
Quote Print Post  
I would love to do one there.. a freeze-in that is, but I don't think many would want to make the trek for one. If I am wrong please let me know. I would go down there for a freeze-in.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 12/09/04 at 16:04:46
Quote Print Post  
You are probably right.  It is about a 2 hr. drive from Tacoma.  If you want to try it I would probably go, but it would probably be best to try to get people on board prior to going.  Maybe a sign-up type thing.

Or maybe just a "road trip" type of thing.

Rich

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 12/09/04 at 18:35:23
Quote Print Post  
I would go! a stop at Spiffeys Restaurant for breakfast and some largemouth...er....crappie action! WHOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

p.s.....for Rich and his arctic problem.....
TongueBEANS BABY BEANS!! Tongue

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #8 - 12/09/04 at 19:00:12
Quote Print Post  
Have fun! Tells me about it it when you get back!

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 12/09/04 at 21:40:41
Quote Print Post  
Hey Larry,  iffin' I can ride with you we could do a dew wet. Sad

Rich

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 12/10/04 at 00:11:05
Quote Print Post  
I would suggest a March fishin there. Better luck with early prespawners. I was thinking of this lake the other day, but didn't mention it because of the distance and the thought of a few guys only catching one or two fish, of coarse that would be me catching the only fish, would not be that fun for all the trouble.
basspro

IP Logged

RobAllen
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 12/14/04 at 05:29:19
Quote Print Post  
Dang,, i'd meet you guys at Silver  but i need to get a new truck  first.. my toyota 4x4  tows it ok Locally but an hour on the  Freeway might turn into a bit longer   3700 lb boat and trailer with a 4cyl  isn't exactly fun and in less than ideal weather  would be dangerous..
anyway as soon as I get a new truck i'd be for a freeze in at silver:)    as long as no one laughs at my rookie driving  Grin

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 12/14/04 at 05:33:40
Quote Print Post  
for a freeze-in just post it on here that you need a partner to share expenses....he the truck...you the boat....although the truck guy might need a li'l help with gas the club has non-boaters with trucks.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 12/14/04 at 15:23:47
Quote Print Post  
With these things said, would anyone else like to do a March fish-in at Silver. I am going to plan my lakes ASAP and can add this one to the list. This would probably be the only one that is gonna be out of the standard "fish-in" range. If I don't have enough to go then I won't schedule it.  
« Last Edit: 12/14/04 at 17:42:40 by »  

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 12/14/04 at 16:59:04
Quote Print Post  
I am thinkin'....my boat might, god willing and the creek don't rise, be out of "winter" storage mode by then.

Sign me up.

Rich

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo