Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) January Fish-in (Read 10384 times)
Rob M.
Ex Member

January Fish-in
12/08/04 at 15:45:27
Quote Print Post  
I need to come with a lake by Saturday Dec. 4 for January's fish-in. Washington and Sammamish seem to be the popular winter lakes. This is fine by me, but I'm curious if there are others that some of you would enjoy this time of the year. We need to ensure they are open in this season though. There are several lakes in the Olympia area that I personally haven't been to. Goodwin and Big Lake up north have been alright in the cold for me, and I thought I heard of Spanaway Lake yeilding some nice fish in winter. I was looking at Sammamish again because it gave up some fish a few months ago. Let me know what you think. I'm hoping we can get on some largemouth to go with the new Ironman theme.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: January Fish-in
Reply #1 - 12/08/04 at 19:04:32
Quote Print Post  
Rob.....I would say Washington and Sammamish are good choices in themselves as they both have largemouth, they are both pretty close for the majority in the event of nasty weather..(ie: bail out factor) and also both have a diversion as they both have hefty Perch populations to keep the sensory skills sharp.

oh and the freezer full!
meye deuce centavos

Tongue

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/08/04 at 19:09:48
Quote Print Post  
Rob,

Take a look at Tanwax, great LM lake lots of docks, wood,grass in here. Largies run 2-4lb average. And not that far to go to.
basspro

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/08/04 at 20:03:27
Quote Print Post  
Tanwax isnt a year round fishery. Not to be rude or anything, but it really doesn't have all that many docks; however, it does have lots of wood and brushpiles. My biggest largie of the year this year came from this lake on opening day in April.
tight lines......

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/08/04 at 20:09:00
Quote Print Post  
Thats why I was thinking of Sammamish again Larry. It is a good lake in these months with a great "bail out" factor. I just didn't want people to get burned out of the same lakes through the winter. They are good winter lakes though. I am leaning towards Sammamish, unless somebody can change my mind.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #5 - 12/08/04 at 21:19:44
Quote Print Post  
Sammamish   Grin

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 12/08/04 at 23:27:13
Quote Print Post  
January 15th on Sammamish looks like the fish-in date and lake unless there are numerous complaints.

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 12/09/04 at 03:35:49
Quote Print Post  
Regarding Sammamish, are the docks at the launch under water yet? I always thought that was a PITB, especially if covered with goose crap...gives "slippery when wet" a whole new meaning. No, not me, but I  think another member did a "C&B" on one of them.  Lips Sealed
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/09/04 at 15:30:39
Quote Print Post  
God willin' and the creek don't rise I will be there.  But since my boat is in storage for the winter I will be looking for a back seat.

Are we meeting for breakfast, what time, where?  These are all questions that JIM would have had answered.  Sometimes they weren't right but he always had answers.  HEHE

Rich

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 12/09/04 at 15:37:39
Quote Print Post  
Hold your horses there yahoo (Rich)!!  Smiley I'm pretty sure breakfast will always be an option for a fish-in or freeze-in. I wanted to get the lake straight first before I started setting anything in stone. Now I can say when and where and thats final, but I would rather have some input to try and accomadate as many as possible. I  would say breakfast would be at the closest vicinity to whatever lake we fish and would be about an hour or hour and a half before the launch time. I'm thinking meeting at the launch at 0800 during the cold months is early enough. Am I right?

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 12/09/04 at 15:59:00
Quote Print Post  
Whew!!!  Kind a touchy.  Yes Officer, I know how fast I was going.  Do you? HAHAHA

I am still smarting from that Silver Lake harrassment.  ( I will get you, Larry)(you can hobble but you can't hide)

Just trying to bring you into line for your new position and duties.  NOW ASSUME THE POSITION! Shocked Grin Roll Eyes

Rich

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 12/09/04 at 17:01:07
Quote Print Post  
Rob,
It has only just begun, Hope your ready for it! Grin

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 12/09/04 at 17:18:45
Quote Print Post  
Welcome to the WBC board, Rob. LOL.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 12/09/04 at 18:24:00
Quote Print Post  
Bring it on!!   Grin

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 12/09/04 at 18:40:02
Quote Print Post  
The good thing Rob.......for the barbeque, you already know who the WEINERS are!

Kiss

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo