Normal Topic -PONDS ON YOUR BOAT COVER? (Read 1636 times)
EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

-PONDS ON YOUR BOAT COVER?
10/27/04 at 14:43:37
Quote Print Post  
Fellow boaters,
  If you are one of the unfortunate boaters that must leave your "baby" (boat) out in the elements, I have a tip for you.  I went out to the boat the other day to find about 50 or 60 gallons of water pooled in the cover.  A FIX!  You need 2 1/2 PVC tees and 2 10' pieces of 1/2 Carlon PVC conduit.  Cut one piece into fourths and put the pieces in the horizontal ends of the tees.  Insert one end of the full length piece into the third end of one of the tees.  Place it into the boat near the puddle point against the gunnel and the rod locker.  Put a sharp bend in the full length piece and cut it to create a tee-pee effect.  Insert the other tee on the cut end and put it against the other gunnel.  Install cover over this contraption and cinch it down.  Shouldn't cost more than $5 and your puddle is gone!  The force of the bent conduit holds it in place and it doesn't scratch your "baby" either.  If you didn't understand this, call me and I'll walk you through it. Wink  Ron (425)-246-3075

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Daryl_S.
Ex Member

Re: -PONDS ON YOUR BOAT COVER?
Reply #1 - 10/27/04 at 17:48:11
Quote Print Post  
Guys,

You can also put a drop light inside your boat and it will keep it dry. If the inside of the cover stays dry it should not leak. It will also keep the mold from growing. If you do get mold growth, clean it with Woolite and the mold will not come back.

Daryl

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo