Normal Topic Scooteny-Vantage report (Read 1727 times)
Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Scooteny-Vantage report
07/23/04 at 20:15:31
Quote Print Post  
Back from my 2 day trip to the east side and caught a mix bag including a sunburn Shocked.  Left Seattle at 6am and got to Scooteney at 9am.  Headed north from the launch to the east cliff and around the north-east shore and didn't get a bite.  Headed to an island and fished a point and started catching dinks and my buddy caught a skinny 14" walleye.  It wasn't until a few hours later did we started catching fish left and right.  Headed back down across the launch to a channel and found some nice structure in 15ft of water.  Casting out senkos towards the rocks and they'll hit it as soon as it hit the water.  Missed a lot of strikes, but found out after catching a few that they were all around 8-9 inches.  Caught the biggest one (only 12") drop shotting a lizard at the same spot.  The wind was terrible that day too.  You guys weren't joking about the rocks coming out of nowhere.  Cruising around searching for new spots, the water went from 15ft to 2ft in a second.  Let's just say my prop is now slightly dented. Angry  Not too bad though.
That night we slept on the boat(good thing we're both short asian people) and casted out worms and caught some small catfish and even a carp that was pushing around 15lbs.  The next morning the water was calm.  Took out my topwater lures and had some strikes and landed a small one on a popper.  Went back to the north-east bank and started casting yamamoto grubs and my buddy caught three.  One was around 1lb and the other was a 17" 3lb smallmouth that gave him a pretty good fight. 

We then decided to head to Mardon.  Of course in the middle of the day and bright sun, the fish weren't very cooperative.  First time there and would love to give it another shot.  Didn't stay there long and on the way back we decided to stop by Vantage.  Headed north on the west bank from the launch and worked some nice points about a mile up.  My buddy caught 2 3lb smallmouth and I caught one that was about 1.5lb and a dink.  Overall a great outing for inexperience bass fishermen.  The one thing a like about the trip besides catching fish was that the I had many hits and caught many with all different types of lures.  Guess there's a place and time for everthing.

IP Logged

dgarrett
Ex Member

Re: Scooteny-Vantage report
Reply #1 - 07/24/04 at 02:00:23
Quote Print Post  
Says,

Great report dude! Sounds like you and your buddy had a great trip and caught some fish...yahoo! As you start to learn more from experience, you'll start catching more and bigger fish, and then you'll be hooked for life. I look forward to Sammamish next Tuesday...I'll let you know how the fish-in goes tomorrow.

Tight Lines,
Danny

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo