Normal Topic Lake Chelan (Read 1946 times)
Chad S.
Ex Member

Lake Chelan
07/07/04 at 22:42:33
Quote Print Post  
Went with the parents and fiancee over to chelan this past weekend. We went out for 3 hours sunday evening in some new water, and i caught a 2lber on a deep divin crank in 12 feet of water, and lost a better one on a drop shot. Monday we went to a spot where we had fished before. We didnt get out until 11am, and fished for about 4 hours. I caught 6, two of them were nice, and the biggest was around 3lbs. My dad caught around five, and my fiancee caught her first smallie finally. Last year she lost a 4lber on lake washington, and earlier in the day monday on chelan she lost another hawg that probably went 4lbs also. SHe had fun however, and will be catching them like me and my dad before we know it. We caught our fish from 6-24 feet in shady water (big surprise) on drop shots on senkos. The best part of the weekend though was snorkling down in the city park. One day i took my little ice fish rod out on my air matress, and snorkled around sight fishing I finally saw an absolute pig so i droped my drop shot down, and he split. I hung in the area keeping my drop shot in the water, and minutes later it came back, and i looked down and he spit my worm out, and wouldnt commit after that. Had to be every bit of 5lbs though. After my rod broke I did snorkle around near the park in 15-20 feet of water and did see a few more. That was real fun, and something I've been wanting to try for a while. Just think how much fun that would be during the spawn. Oh yes by the way the fish are definantly way past the spawn, and the water got up to 74 on monday.
C&R chad

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Re: Lake Chelan
Reply #1 - 07/11/04 at 15:04:50
Quote Print Post  
Hey chad, how was the water traffic?  Do you feel that if the club wanted to tourney fish there that we would be able to without to many problems? Do you fish Chalan alot? and if so when would be the "prim times" as far as tourneys are concerned? Brian. (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Re: Lake Chelan
Reply #2 - 07/12/04 at 13:58:49
Quote Print Post  
Brian,
The water traffic sucked on the weekend, but was non-existant on monday. I think if the club was going to hold a tourny there, they should do it earlier in the year. That is only like the third time i have fished the lake. The fact that it was a 3 day weekend definantly had a lot to do with the boat traffic, but it is a big lake, and would definantly be fun for a tourny. I think the best time would be a little earlier in the spawn, because the water clarity is so good, it would make for a good tourny, plus there is some real hawgs in there.
c&r chad

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo