Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Goodwin Warming!! (Read 4752 times)
RussBaker
Ex Member

Goodwin Warming!!
05/09/04 at 19:39:56
Quote Print Post  
Dave and I fished Goodwin Saturday. Score was Russ 2 Fish for 3.5 and 3.4, Dave 1 fish for 1.5. Scores of smallies in the shallows on beds, very spooky but catchable. Big largy of the day was the 3.4. Overall the largies are barely prespawn. Say next two to three weeks before the bigger fish appear. Dave and I had a blast and looking forward to doing it again.
Russ

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: Goodwin Warming!!
Reply #1 - 05/10/04 at 13:57:49
Quote Print Post  
I fished Goodwin also. I thought that was you Russ. My partner caught a 3.8 largemouth and we each missed two others. All on spinnerbaits in really shallow rock flats. I also saw 4-5 largemouths just hanging under docks and shallow rocks.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/10/04 at 21:56:10
Quote Print Post  
Rob,

What boat were you in?
Russ

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/29/04 at 18:13:40
Quote Print Post  
Hit Goodwin on Friday.............blanked.  Undecided

IP Logged

keystone
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/30/04 at 07:01:23
Quote Print Post  
Went to Goodwin last week, didn't have any luck.  I was only out there a couple of hours due to the wind and rain.  I plan to go weds.  Anyone know a good place to start on this lake this time of year?   Jason

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/30/04 at 19:48:25
Quote Print Post  
Wait till spring!!!
RB

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 11/30/04 at 20:38:58
Quote Print Post  
I found fish on the south side of the lake (left side of the State park). There was rock and wood in about 17-26 feet of water with a lot of crawdads standing around. The smallies were cruising around these areas, just couldn't get any takers.

IP Logged

keystone
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/30/04 at 20:59:50
Quote Print Post  
thanks for the info    I'll try that area tomorrow.  I like this lake because its only a few miles from the house.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #8 - 11/30/04 at 21:11:26
Quote Print Post  
This time of year, I like to go straight across from the ramp to the other side.  There's an "indentation" in the landscape (kind of a bay, but not really) - don't fish it.  Instead, follow an imaginary line from the shore before it cuts in, out into the water (in essence, keep following the "shoreline" as if it didn't cut in).  You'll find it drops from 15' - 35' in a hurry.  Bass & perch tend to stack up there in the fall and early winter.  After the water dips below 46 degrees, I don't know where they go.   Undecided

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 11/30/04 at 22:59:02
Quote Print Post  
They fly south to Mexico!

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #10 - 11/30/04 at 23:48:29
Quote Print Post  
Sure seems like it!  But at least the lake is glass smooth and the ramp is empty.  Just the occasional drone of a chainsaw in the distance.

...kinda peaceful even if the bass don't bite.  Smiley

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 12/01/04 at 00:42:43
Quote Print Post  
Awe, Smiley Smiley

You guys make it sound so peaceful. Try jigging a spoon right on top of those fish.
RB

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo