Normal Topic What about Lake Tapps?? (Read 3601 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

What about Lake Tapps??
04/19/04 at 03:53:09
Quote Print Post  
Hey Club, Talked to a friend today and he has a friend on Tapps and they said it is at full pool now and I am wondering if those familiar with it can give a tutorial about what the lake is like and maybe a fish-in someday....as soon as my boat gets done I will be making a trek there to see how it fishes but just wondered. Thanks...Larry.

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Re: What about Lake Tapps??
Reply #1 - 04/19/04 at 04:53:24
Quote Print Post  
Larry,
Lake Tapps is on the schedule for the June 12th Fish-in.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/19/04 at 10:41:32
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Jim.thought it was but forgot....was still hoping someone who has been there lots could give some info bout it...see ya! Grin

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/20/04 at 01:57:35
Quote Print Post  
Ahh Lake Tapps,

One of my favorite early spring lakes. May is the time to hit this one. Mid may is the best. Many 3-5lb Smallies are caught in the jungle west side as well as on the back side of Tapps Island. However, you will break your line sometimes when a Musky of 10-20 + grabs your tubes,grubs,spinnerbaits and yes your Jig and Pig. Make sure that you hold on to your rod when you are fishing those Husky Jerks. Have caught largies up to 7+ in there and there is many 8-10+ largies as well swimming around.

Will be hitting Tapps in about two weeks myself.
Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/20/04 at 02:10:37
Quote Print Post  
Gimme a holler when you go Russ!

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/20/04 at 14:13:01
Quote Print Post  
When is your boat supposed to be back in service Larry?

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/21/04 at 02:21:04
Quote Print Post  
Russ, Larry, I'm looking for back seats as well. 253-854-8911 Undecided

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/22/04 at 03:53:59
Quote Print Post  
I don't know if it has changed but when I fished there, there were only two places to launch your boat.  One was at the State Park - but you have to wait for them to open the gates, and then leave before they lock them.  The other spot allowed you to come at anytime.  BUT, having said that, it costs $10 to launch.  In the summer they hire kids to collect the launch fee.  If you come early enough, there's no one there to take your money... (so you'll have to decide if it's right or wrong to use it or not.)

Larry and I have caught some nice smallies there, but it's been some time since I caught a nice largemouth there.  What works at Lake Washington also works at Tapps for smallies.  But the boat traffic gets rough in the summer.  Still it's nice change of pace. 

Don't let the white colored water (glacial) throw you - the fish see fine in it.  Some of my favorite shorelines that used to be filled with trees and stumps, are now million dollar homes with sterile concrete shorelines.  Too bad.  But there are still some quiet places to hide from the jet skies.  Hmmm... I'm getting the bug.  May have to go soon.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo