Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Goodwin Fish-in (Read 5992 times)
Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Goodwin Fish-in
03/31/04 at 04:41:46
Quote Print Post  
April Fish-in at Lake Goodwin  
When: Saturday, April 3rd
Where: Lake Goodwin—Wenberg State Park
Meet at Denny’s restaurant, at 4:30am for breakfast.
OR… meet at the launch at 6:00 am

Directions to Denny’s Restaurant

2903 PACIFIC AVE.
EVERETT, WA 98201
425-259-5031

From I-5 north. Toward Everett take exit 193 (Pacific Ave)
Go left under freeway towards City center
Denny’s is on the corner of Pine and Pacific Ave
Plenty of parking in the back

Directions to the Launch

From I-5, take Exit 206; go W on SR 531 (172 St NE);
Left on EAST Lake Goodwin Rd, go 1.5 miles;
Right to Wenberg State Park

And Remember to bring your favorite dish.
As this is a potluck just bring enought to feed 3 or 4 people and there will be plenty of food

Call me if there are any questions (253) 631-6116

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Re: Goodwin Fish-in
Reply #1 - 03/31/04 at 22:58:07
Quote Print Post  
? for the guys that have fished this lake before. Is it fishable without  a big motor? My starter and flywheel got into a fight the other day. The flywheel lost, a few teeth that is. Can't start my big motor till it gets fixed late next week. So, do you think it's worth me putting around with the trolling motor. Is there decent fishing around the ramp? I will be able to venture some what out, but not too far.

Input? Or a back seat. Thanks

Mike

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/31/04 at 23:20:03
Quote Print Post  
Mike, Lake Goodwin is pretty small.  Only about 500 acres.  If you go to Washingtonlakes.com you can see a topo map of the lake.  It is in Snohomish County.

Rich

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 04/01/04 at 01:12:40
Quote Print Post  
It's not that big of a lake.  You can go either way from the ramp and get into fish pretty quickly. 

However, I strongly advise at some point you turn around and fish your way back to the ramp for the potluck.  The weather is going to be great, which means the lake will be rockin' and rollin' with jet and water skiiers - not a good idea to be out in the middle of it all with just  a trolling motor (e.g. cutting across the lake).  There will be too many dumb people taking their watercraft out for the first time this year, and they're not too cognisant of their surroundings.

Along those lines, I suggest we move the potluck over to the far side of the park.  There's enough beach to park 5 or so boats, maybe more if we get creative.  With all the folks trying to launch watercraft, having the potluck in the location we had last year won't be an option.

It's a great lake, but the launch area is about as accomodating as Sawyer, but with 4x the boat traffic on a nice day.

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/01/04 at 04:03:36
Quote Print Post  
Good thinkin Glenn,
I will check it out when I get there and maybe run my truck over there or figure out something to save the spot,

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/01/04 at 04:54:03
Quote Print Post  
Sorry folks...but if I do'nt have a change I will not make it as the boat will be down and I will be workin so Have Fun and Catch Lots!! Tongue

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/01/04 at 05:36:46
Quote Print Post  
Sorry to here that larry, what is the verdict? will it be under warrenty?

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/01/04 at 14:26:47
Quote Print Post  
Hey Jim,
  I will be unable to fish Saturday.  I have to work on Friday and don't get off work until 7am, by the time I get home and boat loaded up, it would be a little late to get any fishing in.
  Mark

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 04/01/04 at 14:51:40
Quote Print Post  
wont know for a week or so Jim, if i take it to Nixons as they would not get to it till monday but I will be working on it this am to see if it is not as bad as I thought!!(Fingers crossed!)

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 04/01/04 at 15:21:09
Quote Print Post  
Good luck need any help give me a holler,

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 04/01/04 at 17:01:40
Quote Print Post  
Hey Goodwin fisherman...I need some help.
I met a gentalman that is really interested in bass fishing and the club and going to the fishin this weekend, But I'm not going! can someone please give me a call, maybe a carpool so he go, can get a back seat and check us out???
   Please call me at "home" to get the ball rollin 253-854-8911........thanks guys!........

IP Logged

Ray Henning

Reply #11 - 04/02/04 at 15:13:55
Quote Print Post  
THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE THE GATE TO THE PARK WILL BE CLOSED THAT EARLY IN THE MORNING SINCE THEY ARE STILL ON WINTER HOURS (8:00AM TO DUSK).  I CALLED THE PARK AND WAS TOLD THAT IT WILL BE UNLOCKED.  THEY ASKED THAT WE CLOSE THE GATE BEHIND US.

SEE YA'LL THERE.

RAY

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 04/02/04 at 19:40:04
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Ray
We normally do that (close the gate behind us)

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #13 - 04/02/04 at 22:12:45
Quote Print Post  
Actually there are 2 gates.  One to the park and one to the launch.  We just need to worry about the one to the park.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo